Military Brides

Just a little vent

I just want to get this off my chest before I explode and say something I regret to the future family members involved:

You CANNOT, and I repeat for clarity, CANNOT roll up on facebook and demand an invitation to my wedding. Especially when you spell my name wrong, use bad grammar, and don't bother to even check your facts because our wedding is not on the 15th of June in 2012, it's on the 16th. You are classless and tacky and have put me and my future husband in a really ugly situation by blasting our wedding info in a public forum to people we were not planning on inviting. Grow up and stop being a little snot. And it does no good for you to go crying to my FMIL, because she has no say whatsoever in this whole affair and I am not obligated to consult or take her opinion into account on anything, especially the guestlist.

......Ok, sorry. That is what I really want to say to this woman right now, but I'm a firm believer in not saying or doing anything when you're emotionally charged because things usually escalate to a place you never intended them to be. But now I feel better and can re-write this in a calmer manner with a little more class. Thanks for bearing with me. Really appreciate the moment to scream via the internet lol

Re: Just a little vent

• edited December 2011
    letting it all out is the way to go! 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, she sounds SUPER KLASSY.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    LOL. Well done... I have certainly had a couple people ask me on facebook as well. with bad grammer.. and calling me "pretty lady... beautiful lady".,... dude.. you're just OBVIOUSLY sucking up... >_<

I'm sorry you're getting blasted for it. I wish you luck with the tactful response! You should post that one, too. :P
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is what the "delete comment" option is for on FB.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    beachy, I want you to know that I stalk your bio. I love your pictures soo soo much... :) You pics and Stans are incredible
    edited December 2011
    Why thank you!  I loved everything about our wedding, and love looking at our pictures.  Not gonna lie, I just stalked my own bio again.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't blame you... I look at my e-pics all the time. I'm sure I will be obsessed with our wedding photos as well. :)
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    first: I've been seeing your siggy pictures and they're your e-pics right? They're beautiful!

OP, I wouldn't even bother with that woman, just delete her comment. When STD and invitations go out, she'll just see that she is NOT invited!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks kara! Yessss... I love them too, although I have a concern with my photog... I like her a lot and she does great work, but she tends to saturate the CRAP out of photos and I don't want us all to look like ghosts in ALL my wedding photos, especially the formals... I'm trying to figure out a way to say that nicely... >_<
    edited December 2011
    Your new sig pic is hot First.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_just-little-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:265bd1ee-7e56-44ad-afec-fade7697ffe4Post:37107f12-f3d4-403b-982c-201c9b7b1006">Re: Just a little vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks kara! Yessss... I love them too, although I have a concern with my photog... I like her a lot and she does great work, but she tends to saturate the CRAP out of photos and I don't want us all to look like ghosts in ALL my wedding photos, especially the formals... I'm trying to figure out a way to say that nicely... />_<
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I would just straight out tell her! Wedding pictures are there to stay forever, they need to be how you want them as. Formals need to be, well formal, so not much editing is needed on those.

ETA: We are so thread jacking! Sorry OP!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Kara. I hate our wedding pictures, they are terrible. Like they are so bad that I want to have formal pictures of us redone with just me in my dress and H. Who knows. Maybe I'll just get another dress!Wink
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Sami don't tell me that, you're making me nervous now! haha... I think I will let her know in an e-mail that will have the "must have pics" or whatever. Just to say that our formals we would like more "traditional in style and coloring" . That's fair right?

THanks Beach. FI hates it.. lol He thinks he looks badly in all the pics because we didn't fix his hair so it looks all uneven and liek he's balding... men are so dramatic.. :P haha
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_just-little-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:265bd1ee-7e56-44ad-afec-fade7697ffe4Post:8d27bfdd-3e02-44d7-b80b-b5362aa1ea43">Re: Just a little vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Kara. I hate our wedding pictures, they are terrible. Like they are so bad that I want to have formal pictures of us redone with just me in my dress and H. Who knows. Maybe I'll just get another dress!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

<div>You could do a Trash The Dress shoot.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OMG yes. YES. Sami DO IT!!!
    I Love those! And if you don't trash it TOO much, you can still have it dry cleaned and saved. dooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit. I want to see pics! :P
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011

Sami, do it again! I knot other couples do a "Rock the Dress" also, so it's not just the bride. I have been seeing so many TTDs lately that I am so envious and really thinking about doing one! lol

• edited December 2011
    I would hate to "trash" my dress, but maybe if it could be cleaned afterwards!! haha. In all honesty, I would just like to have some pictures of H and I where we both look good. Either he has his eyes closed, I look fat, or dogs are going at it in the background(okay, maybe thats a alight exageration) But, we take terrible pictures. We are 2 of the most unphotogenic people in the world. Thats why I never post pictures of us because they always suck.

For Christmas cards this year I'm considering drawing stick figures or something because we won't be together anyway, and even if we were the pictures would probably still be terrible.
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Sami, a Rock the Dress session can just involve things that *might* dirty your dress, like laying on the ground or something, that you wouldn't want to do on your actual wedding day.  And seriously, you aren't going to wear the dress again, get your use out of it!!!

Keep an eye on Groupon and similar websites for a photography session to use when your DH gets back!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Thank you C!!
    Photobucket
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

She's inviting herself to your wedding?! That's sad and awkward.

White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    OMG!!! This happened to me too! my fiance's cousin who I have never met told me she "fully expected her invitation to our wedding." No one talks to that side of the family, she's never met us, she trashes my amazing mother in law and has made no attempt to contact any of us, and has a vile attitude bout life in general. Well, obviously I do not want her but my fiance feels weird now because his father is deceased and this is his cousin (when they were younger they were close). We're over capacity and someone who DEMANDS something like a wedding invite is not and will never be on my guest list. Oy!

I feel your pain!
  • edited December 2011
    Burger- Yay for you and using the word "vile"... I love that word!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards