Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

How much did you pay for your band/Dj?

Hello,

I'm just wondering for my budget purposes: how much di you pay for your entertainment at your reception? We havent decided what we will do for ours..maybe band, maybe DJ, maybe something totally different :)

How much did you pay for yours? Just curious... thanks!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How much did you pay for your band/Dj?

• CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a band on a Friday night so the price is a little less

I wanna say <5000  and />6000

I can pull my contract if you want to know how many pieces etc.
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ is $800 for a Sunday (I think $1000 for a Sat).

If we had any more money in our budget we would have had a band. I don't remember the details, but recently someone mentioned a group that does a mix of DJing and playing live.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Rachel is speaking about EBE's fusion option. :-)

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • colleenm18colleenm18 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a DJ on a friday night and he is $700, although while i was pricing most DJ's I found to be at least $1500.
  • edited December 2011
    DJ - Sunday - $800 for 5.5 hours - Michael Kane from Silversound
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ was around $700 for a Saturday in July. We never looked into bands so I have no recs there...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a band.  We are spending between $5000 and $6000 for 5.5 hours (including cocktail hour) for a 7 piece band.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    DJ was a little over $900 for both cocktail hour and reception - we used No Macarena.  Loved, loved, loved her.
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    I used DJ Your Way with Chris and he was $1100 for 4 hours on a Sat. night.
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Silver Sound DJs and it's $1300 for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We're a holiday weekend though, so I think that raised the price a bit.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we paid $4500 for a band for a Saturday night in November.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    6k for a band, Fri night in October.  7 pieces I believe.
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ is $950 for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on a Saturday night in April! Bands are much more expensive. We decided to go with the DJ after getting some high quotes from bands. Good luck!!!
    April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    $850 for DJ ceremony and reception.... approximately 6 hours.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011
    We're having a 10 piece band $7000 something i forget the exact amount...that includes a ceremony musician, 2 during coctail hour and everyone else including those 3 people for our 5 hour reception.

Edit: Thats on Sunday Sept. 4 on Labor day weekend.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we are having matt with syndicated sound and lighting and for a sat night in oct its $1200 without lighting. we havnt decided if we want uplighting yet.

the ebe fusion band is awesome though if you are looking for a combo! they have 2 bands that play with the dj and the one we like was booked for our wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    holy crap DH is a cheap DJ! (I am not trying to pimp him out I am just shocked at the $1000+ numbers!)

Our band was Masquerade, not sure of the price since it was a surprise gift for me. But I would highly recommend them. There is someone else on here using them who would know.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a rarity here, but for 5 hrs, our dj is $425.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had a DJ and he was $650.. Saturday in November
  • edited December 2011
    We booked EBE e-fusion Imagine. 5 piece band with a DJ attached. Cost $5k for 5 hours & piano player for cocktail hour. Saturday night in prime wedding season.

It wasn't a requirement for us to have a full band, horns and the whole shebang. This was a perfect mix for us - very fun party vibe and sounded great.

Plus, they were willing to negotiate. From booking the band at that price we got the HOOK UP on other extras (lighting, photo favors - both of which I couldn't afford but they gave a huuuuuge discount).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I booked with Synergetic Sounds for 5 hours and includes 2 DJ'S for $1,380.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_much-did-pay-banddj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:921e7922-8f43-45e2-a5c6-f2828be100d3Post:cf48208e-9033-4f04-b49b-c7cde5e3d587">Re: How much did you pay for your band/Dj?</a>:
    [QUOTE]holy crap DH is a cheap DJ! (I am not trying to pimp him out I am just shocked at the $1000+ numbers!) Our band was Masquerade, not sure of the price since it was a surprise gift for me. But I would highly recommend them. There is someone else on here using them who would know.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

That would be me!! :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    o wow these are some expensive dj prices! I used a DJ all the time when I lived in phily  He charges between 200-300 for 4 hrs depending on a few factors! don't know if putting his info here is advertising for him but feel free to email me! I don't check PMs on here often.  He is a one man show now mostly so if he is booked he would have to find a friend to cover it but he has a few who will do it and honor his prices or at least he did! No fancy lights but he will play what you want to hear and keep people dancing and has enough speakers and such to do a decent sized room. I haven't used him in a over a year now because I moved to Indiana and now Ohio for work but I used him all the time before!

My email is mrandmrshoagland@live.com if you want his info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards