Rhode Island
Options

South Ferry Church in November?

Hi all!  I'm just starting my wedding planning and was fortunate enough to be able to book The Narragansett Towers this November.  Our church is in Woonsocket and we're concerned with the drive for some of the older and out of town guests.  Is 45 minutes unreasonable?  Anyways, I looked into South Ferry and it appears they do not have heat!!  Has anyone had a wedding (or been to one here) in the winter?  I'm wondering if it's pretty mild inside or if I need to scratch it off the list.  I'll also take suggestions if you know of anywhere in the Narragansett area where we can bring our own priest!

Thanks!
Liz

Re: South Ferry Church in November?

• Options
    I don't think 45 minutes is unreasonable, expecially if there is going to be some time between the ceremony and reception. From what I have heard, I believe that SF church is relativly small as well. I don't know how many people you are expecting but just throwing that out there :)
  • Options
    I was married at the South Ferry Church and there is def. no temperature control. I haven't been there in the winter, but I can't imagine it owuld be warm. Howeever, it is fairly small, so you could bring in spce heaters and maybe put two at the front and one in the back somewhere?I'm not sure that would help unless they were pretty powerful.

Have you tried St. Mary's by the SEa, St. Veronica, or St. Thomas More (who I believe will let you get married there if you bring in your own priest from your church), also Christ the King at URI is liberal on having "non parishoners" get married there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_south-ferry-church-in-november?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:ca8fdd15-ad87-4147-80db-b500d0bf8969Post:0af11484-04f1-4de7-830a-d1dfe829b36b">Re: South Ferry Church in November?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was married at the South Ferry Church and there is def. no temperature control. I haven't been there in the winter, but I can't imagine it owuld be warm. Howeever, it is fairly small, so you could bring in spce heaters and maybe put two at the front and one in the back somewhere?I'm not sure that would help unless they were pretty powerful. Have you tried St. Mary's by the SEa, St. Veronica, or St. Thomas More (who I believe will let you get married there if you bring in your own priest from your church), also Christ the King at URI is liberal on having "non parishoners" get married there.
    Posted by Brina105[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the suggestions!  Unfotunately they don't allow space heaters due to fire hazard and only one exit.  I will definitely check into these other options.  You can never bank on it being warm in November in New England!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards