Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Cakes and Flowers

So, just when we got past my wedding, my brother and his FI set a date!  They are getting married on 9/17 at the Filter House!!!  Yay for another year of wedding planning! 

Unfortunately her parents are not going to be assisting with the budget, so my gracious mother has offered to help them.  They are needing to go pretty cheap for flowers and cake.  I looked at the vendor list, but there isn't any information on pricing.

For cakes, I know someof you have talked about some great bakers that are very inexpensive.  Are there any that fall in under $300 for 100 people? 

For flowers we are going to make the centerpieces ourselves.  I remember someone saying they used an online wholesale site to have them shipped, and gave great reviews.  I think it was fiftyflowers.com.  Please let me know if you have used them, or have any other suggestions for bulk flowers (not sure what specific flowers she wants to use yet).

Thanks everyone!
Our last sunset in Hawaii...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Michelle & Michael
Married - August '10
TTC - Since September 2011

Re: Cakes and Flowers

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the cheapest cakes are Texas Star Bakery and Tabitha Ballard. 
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Farms to go or Flower farm (or something like that).  One of our former Knotties (almoyo) recently posted down the page and you might still be able to see her bio and her website.  Also, Marissa did that too. 
  • edited December 2011
    My friend made my cake, so I'm not 100% sure on her prices, but it was very moist and tasty.  Let me know if you want her information.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not going to be of any help whatsoever here...but my cousin is getting married 9/24!!   Yay for more wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    farmstogo.com has a lot, mostly roses but with a few other types thrown in. Fiftyflowers has a wide selection but are a little bit pricier. Marissa loved farmstogo if I remember right.
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I just went to Farmstogo and their site has been under reconstruction since August.  That seems a bit long.

Thanks for all the leads!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

If I remember correctly, Renee ordered her flowers from Sam's.

• edited December 2011
    For my cake I'm going with Tabitha Ballard... Yes I am having a cake for 125 people under 300
  • edited December 2011
    You should look at Hot Chocolates in Hurst. It's www.hotchocolates.net
    They have pricing on the website.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Hot Chocolates cake starts at $3.50 a slice! WOW.  I vote Tabitha Ballard too.

Or go to Facebook and find "Manna's Cakes" - she's a culinary student, but her cakes are pretty awesome.
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I ordered my flowers from Sam's and was more then pleased! I got 700 white roses for $530 including shipping and the membership.

The flowers were packaged well and they lasted about a full week after the wedding. For roses no other place (Fiftyflowers.com, Farmstogo.com, or Market Street) could beat that price. And trust me, I did my research!
  • prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Fresh From the Oven Cakes in Arlington. I had their cake at a wedding the other day and it was REALLY good and was $2.50 a slice... 817-276-9390
  • PaulandBrandyPaulandBrandy member
    edited December 2011
    i had some amazing cake and cookies from sugar city sweets. the website is sugarcitysweets.com    she was really nice.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards