Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Poll: Where did you register?

We picked two of three places to register, Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Crate & Barrel. We need on more, we were thinking Target or Kohls. Where did you register??? And where was your best experience?

Re: Poll: Where did you register?

• edited December 2011
    C&B and Williams & Sonoma.  Personally, I think 2 is enough, but 3 would still be fine.  I thought ours were both great.  Easy to register at, easy to return/exchange gifts at and easy to close out with the 10% card.
  • edited December 2011
    Crate & Barrel, and probably Bed Bath and Beyond (haven't done it yet). Like CCBelle, I think 2 is fine if they have everything you want. But 3 is fine too (more than that might look grabby). I know at BB&B if you decide to return something you can get cash back, which is nice but I would feel bad not using to buy another wedding related thing anyway.

Of course, this morning on the way into work I had to explain why we couldn't register at Bank of America. In the end, I still think he didn't get it and was just accepting that I would win the argument. Sigh.
  • edited December 2011
    Karen's MOH lmfao!! love that. I'm really surprised that my fiance hasn't asked why we can't register at a bank! This really made my day! Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    We're registered at Macy's, Crate & Barrel, and BBB.  Macy's and C&B are the two primary ones; at BBB we registered for some things we couldn't find at the other two places.  All have been great to deal with, but most fun for me has been C&B.  The Macy's people were really nice too (FI and I spent a couple hours there one day playing with china and crystal to pick out coordinating sets).  If you are ever at the Hyannis Mall, Jane in the Macy's Bridal Registry department is so sweet and helpful.  

The one bummer with C&B is that our everyday dinnerware pattern is being discontinued, or at least is no longer stocked at the stores, so it might be more difficult to complete.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Macy's and Crate and Barrel.  You definitely don't NEED three, but if the third has something else to offer...then go for it.  I personally think Macy's is a must because they always have a sale and coupons to offer.  Not to mention that they have a cool program where you get points everytime someone buys something off your registry!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ARez-- is there a way to use coupons on online registry orders at Macys? Once I go into someone's registry, the coupons never work and it pisses me off! But if you buy it on the regular site, it won't show up on their registry so someone else could buy it and end up with duplicates.

Oh and I forgot to mention I have heard the Target registry return policy is bad. Don't know much about it but I'd check on that before registering there.

soon2b-- glad I made your day :)
  • edited December 2011
    I know we don't need three, but with crate and barrell we only have about 8 items, bed, bath, and beyond we have about 50, and my mom insists we need a store that's not so specialized that everyone goes to like walmart, target, or macys. I don't know....We're in the process of buying a home now so I want to put off the registry a little longer but some friends and our parents are throwing us engagement parties in the next few months and asked for us to get at least one done....we were just wondering. Thank you all for your input!
  • ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would respectfully disagree with your mom...I think you need a Walmart, Target, or Macy's, so that guests that don't have much to spend for a present have a place where they can purchase a nice gift for a reasonable price.

MOH-not sure!!  I don't think I've ever tried to buy something off someone's registry online with a coupon!  I would call customer service and have them explain it to you.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ARez you don't have to respectfully disagree ;-) I disagree with about 80% of what she says. But thank you all for your opinions. I think we might delete the Crate & Barrell registry since we dont have much on it and stick with Target and BBB. Not sure yet. But thanks!
  • ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there :)  Is one registry not enough?? We registered at Macys and looked at BBB and saw similar things so I wasnt sure if one would be ok?  What do you think ??
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_poll-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:02d3bf3f-6b8a-4887-828c-9d5adbf05c69Post:b259e693-be85-44d7-b88b-8e1ced648c88">Re: Poll: Where did you register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there :)  Is one registry not enough?? We registered at Macys and looked at BBB and saw similar things so I wasnt sure if one would be ok?  What do you think ??
    Posted by cdream05[/QUOTE]

If Macy's is accessible to all of your guests, it's probably fine.  No need to stick things on your registry you're not really interested.  But if all guests don't have a store near them, you may want to give them more options. 

Macy's and BBB do have very similar things in most cases, but maybe add a specialty store instead, something more tailored to your and FI's personal tastes (if you wanted to add another)? 

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• koreana12koreana12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi guys!  If you are all registering at Macys, Target, CB etc.. you may want to check out the I Do Foundation.  www.idofoundation.org  When you register, I believe they give anywhere from tiny percentage to 10% to your fave non-profit.  Anyone else know anything else about this?  Correct me if I'm wrong!!  :)  

Also, I'm looking for a registry that is for donations to non-profits only - does anyone know of one?  I found one online, but it looked like a scam...

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We registered at Williams & Sonoma and Bed Bath and Beyond.  We registered for pretty much everything at BB&B and our pots, pans, and glassware at W&S
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards