Wedding Etiquette Forum

miss.jawright

Well? What exactly do you find so dubious about WoW and online relationships?

Re: miss.jawright

• What thread did this happen in?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Whatever she thinks, she is a wealth of knowledge about bugs. I think thats worth its weight in gold.
  • I have a WoW relationship story! My ex met a girl on there from California. They sorta kinda started dating just a couple months ago. He flew out there for spring break and proposed after just meeting her 3 days prior. Her grandma gave them her ring, but made them swear not to tell anyone because it would cause the other siblings to be jealous. AND his mom found out on Facebook. He's dropping out med school to go be with her. And she looks just like me. All in all, weird story.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I made some of my best friendships through my WoW guild. We still meet about once or twice a year and talk through AIM or over the phone just about every day. One of my WoW friends I've known since 2005 and feels like a brother to me.
  • Sounds like you dodged a bullet there LVB. The looking like you part is super creepy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:da17767d-e10e-42fb-aca6-71bdcaf7e441">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whatever she thinks, she is a wealth of knowledge about bugs. I think thats worth its weight in gold.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Ha! I missed this gem.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:a89937d7-7181-45cd-821d-f93b63b5e23b">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like you dodged a bullet there LVB. The looking like you part is super creepy!
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    yeah...he told me that after  we broke up, he really didn't think he could go on. He knew he loved this girl...wait for it...because he didn't miss me anymore. 3 years after I broke up with him.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:2e2324a7-343c-4699-97df-eddd3ed6a07b">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: miss.jawright : yeah...he told me that after  we broke up, he really didn't think he could go on. He knew he loved this girl...wait for it...because he didn't miss me anymore. 3 years after I broke up with him.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

What the?? Creeptastic!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:2e2324a7-343c-4699-97df-eddd3ed6a07b">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: miss.jawright  He knew he loved this girl...wait for it...because he didn't miss me anymore. 3 years after I broke up with him.

Wow. He sounds like a catch.
  • But yeah, exactly Katie. Almost every one I know has great WoW relationships. Plus, a lot of us on here have great relationships on the internet (specifically here to state the obvious) so it just rubbed me the wrong way she seemed so judgy.
  • Os miss.jawright the name of the OP or another poster? Because I don't see that SN.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Another poster Whit. A little ways down she posted about questioning the validity of the relationship because it started on WoW.
  • Yeah, I should have listened to my parents from the beginning. Silly high school relationship that lasted through freshman year of college
  • I didn't say I'm against them. My maid of honor used to play with ex husband all the time and a lot of my friends from college played. However, some of those same friends lost relationships (divorces included) due to their obsession that wasn't shared by their wife. Some people had "affiars " with women on WOW in secret from their wives. I am assuming that since people can make meanful relationships through gaming that these affairs were very real indeed. I just approach WOW relationships with caution. Sorry if I offended anyone but I didn't think it was a big deal based on how  dearly everyone values being able to say whatever they want despite whether or not it offends people.
  • She is the second response in the thread I linked. Right under MrsAmyJones.
  • oh and thanks Nebb :)
  • ah gotcha, that makes sense then
    Fwiw, I ended my last relationship partly (mostly) over WoW so I see where you are coming from. We had been living together/dating for over 3 years, when he decided to quit his job because he needed to devote more time to WoW....yeah...I wish I was kidding. Working as a cashier at PetSmart outside DC to support your bf who just quit an internship with the CIA to play WoW did not fly well.
  • I think that has nothing to do with WoW, and more with adults that need to learn how to game responsibly and not let it take over other things.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:22dd0e7b-359b-485d-9136-209df6a82707">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh and thanks Nebb :)
    Posted by miss.jawright[/QUOTE]
    You set straight a 16 year old fear ive had about june bugs. I value that!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:fe9a39c5-3401-4814-b5b3-228c2f025454">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]ah gotcha, that makes sense then Fwiw, I ended my last relationship partly (mostly) over WoW so I see where you are coming from. We had been living together/dating for over 3 years, when he decided to quit his job because he needed to devote more time to WoW....yeah...I wish I was kidding. Working as a cashier at PetSmart outside DC to support your bf who just quit an internship with the CIA to play WoW did not fly well.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    I bet he and my ex are in the same guild. Dropping out of med school, quitting the CIA..yeah...
  • OH! And my ex is having a wedding in the game so all of their WoW friends can come watch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:f4c36896-b83a-4aeb-af52-3753ee11ffe6">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't say I'm against them. <strong>Which is why I asked for clarification.</strong> My maid of honor used to play with ex husband all the time and a lot of my friends from college played. However, some of those same friends lost relationships (divorces included) due to their obsession that wasn't shared by their wife. Some people had "affiars " with women on WOW in secret from their wives. I am assuming that since people can make meanful relationships through gaming that these affairs were very real indeed.<strong>That is really sad and really sucks :(</strong> <strong>I am sorry this was your experience. </strong>I just approach WOW relationships with caution. Sorry if I offended anyone but I didn't think it was a big deal based on how  dearly everyone values being able to say whatever they want despite whether or not it offends people.<strong>I think you absolutely have the right to say whatever you want on an internet forum, but you don't have to be all pissy when some one asks you for accountability on what you say.</strong>
    Posted by miss.jawright[/QUOTE]

My responses are in bold.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:0387fe88-477b-49ea-93c6-8f74c6a5d9e4">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that has nothing to do with WoW, and more with adults that need to learn how to game responsibly and not let it take over other things.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]
    I would agree. But honestly, I have never heard of a game being as addictive as this one is. I've never played, but it sounds dangerously addictive.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:d6821f0c-5724-4715-800c-a2f8e2c0e0b1">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH! And my ex is having a wedding in the game so all of their WoW friends can come watch.
    Im sorry, thats just weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:240a95ed-2428-41c2-9adc-89c4a7b64122">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: miss.jawright : Im sorry, thats just weird.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Well I certainly thought it was. I didn't know if it would be the 'cool' thing to do for all the WoW people out there. I just don't get a darn thing about the game. On the other hand, the only 'game' I play is Rock Band.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:a7ffd986-ba89-4753-8879-e8c217e746c6">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: miss.jawright : I would agree. But honestly, I have never heard of a game being as addictive as this one is. I've never played, but it sounds dangerously addictive.

Yeah, I mean, I've been addicted to some games (haha, Sims!) but I've never played WoW so I can't vouch for that. But seriously, I think adults should know when to put the controller down.

Who knows though. Maybe it is seriously addictive. I have no idea.
  • I tried playing, but I just can't handle the freedom to walk around and do stuff. I need levels to go to, and turtles to jump on.

And quitting the CIA to play WoW? Well, maybe the CIA is better off without him then.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:05614a5a-ff6d-407d-84b2-eac60e407fa6">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: miss.jawright : Yeah, I mean, I've been addicted to some games (haha, Sims!) but I've never played WoW so I can't vouch for that. But seriously, I think adults <strong>should</strong> know when to put the controller down. Who knows though. Maybe it is seriously addictive. I have no idea.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]
    Operative word there. I just guess maybe because it's sort of like an alternate reality, it's easy to forget about your life and worries and just concentrate on your game 'life'?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_missjawright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e27c7476-87a4-43a4-89f9-842c27bc1ce3Post:dc06ada8-b0be-4251-a13d-aa844ac09c9c">Re: miss.jawright</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I tried playing, but I just can't handle the freedom to walk around and do stuff. I need levels to go to, and turtles to jump on.</strong> And quitting the CIA to play WoW? Well, maybe the CIA is better off without him then.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. I need a goal in a game. That's why I couldn't get into the Sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards