Second Weddings

Grandma getting married! What to get them???

Hey All-
I'm Josie, Im gettng married in March 2013 in S. Florida. Quick question for you ladies- my grandma called me a few months ago and told me some pretty big news, her and her boyfriend of 3 years have decided to get married! They are getting marrie d next week, and I still have yet to get them anything..mainly because..I don't know what you get two people that have both been married before and have EVERYTHING. What do you guys think is a good gift for your 75 year old grandma's wedding??

Thanks!
Josie
Future Mrs. Toussaint

Re: Grandma getting married! What to get them???

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice portrait photography of you and FI in a beautiful frame would be a nice gift.  Grandmas LOVE pictures!  Congrats to you and grandma!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to you and your grandmother!  I don't have any ideas for a gift, but I like Lisa's idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• linder53linder53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gift cards to their favorite restaurants?
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to both you and your grandma!!

Gift cards to their favorite restaurants, a nicely framed photograph of you and your FI, a nice frame for their wedding portrait or favorite candid shot of the day - then there is also the nice card wishing them well!

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Almost everyone who gave us a physical gift gave us a phot frame. (Not with their picture in it, of course).
    Do they have a hobby?  A gift card to a store that supports their hobby might be good.  Reading, Gardening.  Travelling. Beach.  Camping. Cooking.  etc.

Do they like to go to the movies?  A few sets of movie passes, that come with popcorn and a drink would be fun.

Give them 5 dates.  Movie passes, restaurant gift cards, museum passes, a local park, and a nearby theatre production.

Are they retired and living on a fixed income?  Give them a grocery store gift card.  OR gasoline gift cards. 

Are they taking a honeymoon?  Pay for some portion or extra for the trip.

~Donna
  • coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Practical things work for me - gift card to grocery store, or gas card, movie passes, and etc that right1 mentioned.  I am sure they have enough "stuff" and don't need anything.   
  • gosuzygosuzy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is. Concert tickets? If they are young at heart, how about a romantic spa package for the two of them?
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! all great ideas!
    Future Mrs. Toussaint
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards