Iowa-Des Moines

My grandma lost her house yesterday.....

I'm feeling very helpless today.  My grandma lives in Joplin and lost her house in the tornado.  Luckily she is ok.  3 years ago Memorial weekend I lost my house to a tornado and I find it eery that my parents and I experience something that my grandma would then experience.  It's just bringing back a bunch of feelings that I want to forget.  I know that I won't ever truly forget them but I also didn't want these feelings thrown back in my face with a very similar tragedy.
Anniversary

Re: My grandma lost her house yesterday.....

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry! Keeping you and your family in my Thoughts. I'm glad your grandma is okay!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear that!  My thoughts are with you and your grandma!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmothers house.  You are in my thoughts.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your grandma's loss. But thanks Jesus she is alive and well. I pray that God will give her another place as good as, or even better! Don't lose your peace, He is almighty and can do what seems impossible!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's experiences!! I literally can't believe the tornado aftermath in Joplin! I've got some coworkers planning on going down this weekend to help with the recovery!
    I will keep your family in my thoughts!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  I've been bawling for days (I think some of it is PMS).  I'm just reliving over and over in my mind everything that happened to me and my parents 3 years ago.  It was the scariest thing I've ever been through.  I keep having nightmares about holding my (then) 3 year old twins and telling them over and over that everything was going to be ok, that I was going to keep them safe, while at the same time PRAYING over and over in my head "Please God I don't care about the stuff just save my family, please just save my family".

Sorry I know this is probably something people don't want to hear because unless you have been through it you can't imagine.  But I don't talk about it to anyone and talking about it here is like writing in a diary.  It's therapeutic without people telling me to stop whining.

I know my Grandma is very lucky because she could have been the one of the 100's that died or one of the 1500 that is still missing.  I'm very thankful that like me it was just her house and possessions that are gone.  If I could I would be down there right now helping with the clean up because I know I was so greatful with people helped me, even if I didn't know them.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards