May 2012 Weddings

Decisions

We finally set a date and I have started looking at dresses. Here's my problem. I really don't want a white dress but I'm afraid that I'm going to end up with one because I haven't really seen any dresses of colors that speak to me. What am I to do? Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can look or the name of any designers that are known for color wedding dresses?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Decisions

• I know David's Bridal has some that have color on them, but not full color. Some wedding dresses might be dyeable. I saw on Say Yes To the Dress once where a Indian girl bought a white dress and they dyed it red for her. It was stunning.

Also, try looking a prom dresses or bridesmaid dresses. Some are super fancy and have a wedding-like feel to them but are in colors. Good luck!
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What kind of color are you looking for?  I know the SYTTD ep that PP was talking about, and they actually made the whole dress in red fabric (no dying involved) so if you fell in love with a dress in a certain style, I'm sure you could ask if it could be made in a different color.  I bet the cost would add up really fast, though. 

If you can't find a dress in a color you like, have you considered a colored sash or something along those lines? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oops. Terrible memory. Thanks for correcting me. :)
  • No problem.  I should probably join SYTTD Anonymous for how much I watch that show. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It IS addicting. If only I could afford one of those dresses! Ha!
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I still have time to find a dress so I'll keep the idea of a sash in mind if I  don't find a full color dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also try looking at quinceanera dresses. They are bridal like but they most dont have trains
  • For my senior prom I bought a gorgeous dress for cache, it was barbie pink and when i am looking at dresses i find myself trying to find my prom dress but i white so that might be a good place to look, at least for some ideas
  • Google can be your best friend. Do a few searches for colored wedding dresses.

Also do you have a specific color in mind? You can also search for that color bridal gowns.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards