Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

How to protect wine bottles kept in ice??

We bought pretty dark red ceramic pots to keep and serve our bottles of white wines, champagnes and sparkling wines at our party because I wanted something other than coolers. But I guess I didn't really think things through, because one night all the sudden I realized the wine labels on the bottles are going to get ruined in the ice and water! Aside from putting them in ziplock bags (that's the only solution I could find on-line) does anyone have any other ideas??

Re: How to protect wine bottles kept in ice??

• Options
    What about using packing tape over the labels?  You can do long strips all the way around the bottle so it wouldn't be so noticeable.

But, unless you are having a bunch of different red and white wines this isn't a huge issue to be worried about.

• Options
    Maggie's idea sounds like a really good one that is simple and cheap to achieve.  I'd go with it.
  • Options
    This reminds me of a post I saw on pinterest. They suggested filling balloons with water and freezing them...may be time consuming but you could make them very small and as they melt you don't have the water everywhere. 
  • Options
    THANK YOU for the suggestions!!! I just saw them all. The packing tape idea is good since it's clear! I might do that!! It would protect the labels mostly and you could still see the pretty labels... I also really like the frozen balloons idea!! I could even get red, black and white to go along with our color theme, or all of one color. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards