Rhode Island
Options

Planning a dinner rehearsal for my wedding at the Ocean House in RI

Hello ~

I'm planning a rehearsal dinner for my upcoming wedding this summer.  Our ceremony is taking place at the Watch Hill Chapel and Wedding reception to follow at the Ocean House in Watch Hill, RI.  The cost of a rehearsal dinner at the Ocean House is a bit costly.  Does anyone have any recomendations of where I could have my rehearsal dinner?  We wanted to plan on a clam bake style dinner with a group of 30 people or less at a classy restaurant but we are open to any ideas or recomendations.

Re: Planning a dinner rehearsal for my wedding at the Ocean House in RI

• Options
    We were married at the Watch Hill Chapel this past fall, it is a special place for us, and I grew up in the area.  Are you looking to stay in the Westerly area?  There are not many options, much of Misquamicut is being rebuilt.  I am curious to see what the new Andrea space will be (it is slated to open this summer) and if it will have a more upscale feel about it.  Maria's unfortunately which is very convenient and a bit more classy is not reopening this summer, they need another year to rebuild.

In downtown Westerly there are Dylan's and 84 High Street (which just moved and is now called 84 Tavern on Canal) their food is very good.  There is also the Haversham which does have a nice private room.  If you are open to traveling farther Stonington/Mystic have more restaurants but parking may be difficult depending on the date.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Sorry I missed the clambake part!  Westerly Yacht Club may be another option for you to look into since they can probably do that...all my recommendations above are more traditional dining that may be able to do some sort of twist on a clambake. 
  • Options
    Me again, I keep thinking of other ideas. 

OH has a sister property, the Weekapaug Inn, have you checked with them?  It just reopened this past fall and would be another great option for a clambake with stunning views.  Not sure on pricing but it may be worth looking into if you haven't already.  GL!
  • Options
    i don't have any recommendations ASHLEY!! but i wanted to saw i saw Alev and I was like "aw ashley" I can't wait till your wedding day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxox jen
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_planning-a-dinner-rehearsal-for-my-wedding-at-the-ocean-house-in-ri?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:6db4324a-f94d-438c-b201-bf8f647b5b63Post:b444b37d-eeab-4b7f-9627-78494c00b8f0">Re: Planning a dinner rehearsal for my wedding at the Ocean House in RI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I missed the clambake part!  Westerly Yacht Club may be another option for you to look into since they can probably do that...all my recommendations above are more traditional dining that may be able to do some sort of twist on a clambake. 
    Posted by RIFallBride[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide me with helpful information!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards