Rhode Island

Venue - Newport (30 people)

I am looking for suggestions on having the ceremony and reception at a restuarant in Newport in late April.  We were looking at local B & B's (most of the guest are from out of town).  Most of the B & B's have strict restrictions regarding alcohol. You can only drink during the reception otherwise no alcohol is allowed in the house.  I thought a restuarant might work better so after the reception, we can go out after the reception.  Anyt thought?

Re: Venue - Newport (30 people)

• restaurant in newport for 30 people is doable -
    just depends on the feel that you want.
    sardella's is definitely mentioned on this board a lot but they have great food.
    the mooring is also really nice not sure if they have a private room at all.
  • Sardellas did our rehearsal dinner we had a private room for 30 people. Brick Alley Pub is more low key, but have private room on the roof top LaForge...my brother had his rehearsal dinner there good food, private space My reception was at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites...they have multiple room options for different sized events, has its own bar we hung out there after reception and is a hotel...so everyone could walk to their rooms.
  • Thanks all for the great recommendations.  We went to the Castle Hill Inn today and it is going to be perfect and surprisingly affordable.  They have a row of beach cottages that all our guest can stay in.  They also recommended having a bonfire on the beach afterwards so we can continue to spend time together.  The kids can go to bed while the adults stay up.  Due to some of the financial restrictions some of our guest may have we are considering paying a little extra so the rate will be more affordable. 
  • sparkellyysparkellyy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    The Chanler

Edit Post: I didn't realize you had already found a venue. I need to learn to read the posts before replying! Congrats.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards