Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Forrest Grove Plantation

I really love the place but when I went to visit, the lady I talk with was very nonchalant. Maybe I took it the wrong way but anyone who experienced their wedding there, How was it? Was the people very enthused about your wonderful day?

Re: Forrest Grove Plantation

• kathiechancekathiechance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just had my wedding there last week.  Loved the building, all the space on the dance floor, the beautiful outdoor setting for the wedding.

As for the lady with the nonchalant attitude...if it was an older 50ish lady, then I know what your talking about...she becomes very nice when you write her a check!  There is a younger woman that works in the office (I'm awful with names) but she is really nice.

The food was excellent, I got lots of compliments on it.  We had an open bar and the "bartender" was very limited on what she knew how to make.  I felt like my drinks were low on alcohol but my husband still managed to get quite drunk as did alot of others.  They do close the bar 15 mins before your reception ends and they didn't tell us or anyone else.  We did complain and got one last drink.

There was alot of miscommunication between them and my dj and my photographer at the reception.  We took all of our pics before the wedding so when we came in for our first dance, all the the guest were in line to get food.  So no one really knew we were dancing...then after all the dances, we were rushed to cut the cake when people were still in line for food...we had to say something to our photographer to get things to slow down a bit.

All in all I would give them a B.  I don't blame them for everything that went wrong and we still managed to have a fabulous wedding.

• Tann373Tann373 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to you both.
    kathiechance, I may have seen you last thurs. I was there to view the building and they were having rehersal. The building was very nice and thats why I fell in love with it. Let me ask you did your decorator have to do a lot of decorating? Also that is the exact lady I was talking about. Hopefully if I do choose this place everything would go well. Thanks again
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you saw my rehearsal or someone elses...there were 2 on thurs.

I did not decorate anything...the tables have centerpieces and all I wanted outside was the white lights and they already have them.

And once you pay the bill, you never have to talk to that lady again!  The lady they have that is the wedding coordinator was super nice and helpful.  She put out all my stuff the day of the wedding (like favors, memory candle, cameras on the tables, unity candle) so we didn't have to worry about anything.

Hope this helps you!
  • Tann373Tann373 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathiechance,
    Did you have issues with whether people was going to come or not because the location was in Deh=nhem Springs? All of my family stay in Baton Rouge and his from across the river. I dont think its far. I was telling someone and they ask me if I thought people were going to come out there.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never thought it was too far for anyone to come.  And I got married on a Fri night so people had to deal with interstate traffic to get there but it didn't stop anyone from coming....they were coming to be part of my wedding no matter where it was located.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards