South Carolina-Charleston

Old Santee Canal State Park

Hey Ladies!  I just got engaged on 11/20/09 and had to get through Christmas and now I'm ready to start my planning!!  My FI and are planning a very small low budget wedding.  I have an appointment on Sunday to check out Old Santee Canal State Park.  Its the most inexpensive venue on the water I can find.  Does anyone have any information on this place that could be helpful for me.  Thanks Ladies!

Re: Old Santee Canal State Park

• edited December 2011
    Dont have any information for you, we're getting married at Middleton Place. But I have seen lots of people on here that gave good revues, and I just checked out the website. It looks gorgeous! Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Been to a few weddings there and it is beauiful!! Under the House is really cool looking and makes a wedding. Cheers
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and it was beautiful!  You rent tables and chairs through them, but it's cheaper than Snyder or All Occassions.  Look at Sil2Op's bio, she got married there and it looked amazing.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at them.  The only issue is if you only plan to use the house which is the cheaper than then other building your going to want to rent a tent in case of rain.  Which takes your cost up.  I would really consider that.  I absolutely loved it and it was so beautiful.  I started planning my wedding last january and its really hard this time of the year bc it isnt very pretty but look at other peoples pictures to see how pretty things are other times of the year.  Richard Bell the Photographer has a very good site with lots of places and pictures of them. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in July. What kind of information would you like?

Someone mentioned renting tents just in case. They do have 2 tents that you can rent from them. They are fairly small, BUT there are a few alternative options if necessary. I'm renting both the main house and the interpretive center. I plan on putting the tents out on the lawn of the house so my guests can sit under them for some shade during the ceremony but I'm having my reception in the interpretive center. That way I have a back up plan in case there is a torrential downpour and also my guests can have some air conditioning and they won't sweat to death. You do have the option of renting chairs and tables from them but I guarantee you that it's about half the price of renting from a rental company..and I've checked almost every rental company in the area.

They are great to work with. They are letting me bring in pretty much any vendor I want and they are really helpful with anything I need. Good luck! Let me know if you want to know anything else :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards