Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Bride Withdraw

Well ladies i got married a little over a month  ago. and it was the most beautiful most wonderful perfect day i could imagine. and then it was snapped back to reality of work, house work, and the day to day normal  boring life. dont get me wrong i love my Hubby hes a wonderful man. but i just feel like there is nothing big coming up such as our wedding. to look forward to. Its like we obsess over this one day our whole lives and then in the blink of an eye its gone. 
are any of you ladies feeling the same way? is it just this time of year that kinda can be "depressing"?  Plese ladies give me some ideas on how to put the spark back in our life. 
Thanks ladies. i will be posting pictures soon. You guys are great

Re: Bride Withdraw

• Im going to start planning our 1 year anniversary party. It will be much bigger than our reception because we will invite everyone that we want to insted of just our budgeted amount like the wedding. So the people who were not able to come to wedding will be able to attend the party just to have fun and enjoy our 1 year milestone lol. Plus it takes my mind off of the wedding being over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have no holiday plans for your first Christmas as a married couple? Or whatever holiday you may celebrate at this time of year. No NYE parties to attend? No new movie coming out you'd like to see? What did you get excited about before you had a wedding to plan?
  • Definitely have something else to look forward to. For us it was moving into our new home. I still feel like 5 months later it's still a work in progress.
    I know a lot of girls start planning trips (even small weekend getaways) and it's great to have something to look forward to.
  • Thanks ladies its great to know im not alone. My hubby and i are both feeling the wedding let down. i think its just we have been working so much i really hope with our first christmas and holidays and my birthday coming up it will get us out of this rut. 
  • My wedding was 3 months ago, and I still miss the planning and excitement.  We are going on our honeymoon in a little over 2 weeks though, so I am looking forward to that.

I totally think having the honeymoon to plan and be excited about is helping keep the post-wedding blues away. But, they still creep up every so often.

• I thougt I might have withdrawals but I am just so glad and relieved the day is OVER.  I can get back to normal life.  I do have 3 kids though and I have Christmas and birthday parties to plan. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Wow we are on the same boat, and it's exactly that, you look forward to it all you lives and then its done.  I remember just saying while planning I can't wait to have my life back and this be done with, but I loved every moment of it.  I wan't to relive that day over and over, it was a lot of work but the end result was just amazing.  I wanted to wait to have kids but ever since that night I think it was my clock saying okay the baby is next, get to working on it.
  • I worry about this now. We are 7 months away from the wedding. With my marathon training/obsession about the day(race) I found myself very sad after it was over and I know the wedding will be just like that. I guess you just have to feel sad a bit and reflect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards