Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Saturday!

TK actually works today.  Winning!

What is everyone up to today?  I have a whole lotta nuthin' on my plate and it feels pretty much awesome. ;)
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Saturday!

• I had a WR panic attack last night so I'm consolidating all of my lists and making some phone calls this morning. When I get off the ledge then I will get myself ready and drag myself to work.

OH and I went to a cookout last night and we made s'mores and it made my week.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5f426671-402b-42e0-b1a6-519a70f012dcPost:d986740c-4471-468b-94da-fac434b907a2">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a WR panic attack last night so I'm consolidating all of my lists and making some phone calls this morning. When I get off the ledge then I will get myself ready and drag myself to work. OH and I went to a cookout last night and we made s'mores and it made my week.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Smores are the ish.

What did you have a WR panic attack about?!
  • I'm going to get a few more addresses, then double check my invitations, seal them and then drop them by the post office. 

Then we have pest control coming and I have my contract signing for my hair/MUA people.

I'm recooperating from yesterday. My words to Fi: "I'm kicking them ALL out of the Effing WP! They can sit on the back row for all I care." Then FI informed me I couldn't kick them out.
  • Just a general 'I have so much left to do!' Plus I work SO many hours during tax season. I LOVE my job, but this is the time of year I earn the amazing perks I get the rest of the year.
    I booked our wedding night hotel room this morning, and now I'm researching flowers to order. I'm DIY-ing flowers, and I've known what I was going to get forever, I just need to do it.
    And when it is a socially acceptable hour, I'm going to call our potential officiant and a few MUA's.
    Seven month engagement.... what were we thinking?
  • I know a lot of the girls around here recommend central market for DIY flowers

• We've got one more flooring company coming today and then a fence person coming this afternoon.  After that, we've got to get to the dry cleaners since Bill will need his clothes for Vegas next week and then we're off to school for the male pageant.  I have two students in it and, last year, one of them came in second.  Plus, I want to go clothes shopping--I need some new tops.  The sad thing?  I think I say this every season.  Why can't I like my clothes for a little longer?

I'm kind of excited for tomorrow too.  My brother has finally perfected his own spaghetti sauce and I think he and my dad are coming over tomorrow to make and eat some with us.  Also, my brother is going to help correct Bill's painting job on our hall bathroom and help me put together some of our Ikea furniture. 
  • Oooh that's a good idea! The only flowers we're using are the bouquets, and maybe some baby's breath in some tiny vases in the centerpieces. My aunt went through a phase 10 years ago where she was obsessed with flowers and took these classes at Baylor (her husband works there so she got free tuition), and she is so excited to help with them.
  • I felt so lost without you guys yesterday. :( I'm in Waco. Came down to spend time with the ILs. MIL and I were trying to fix her battery-powered wine opener when I hear someone say, "You know, it's really not that hard." It was Andy! He had driven all the way down from Pampa and managed to sneak into the house without us knowing.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5f426671-402b-42e0-b1a6-519a70f012dcPost:38359504-4a8e-462e-af5d-86c23c701bd1">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just a general 'I have so much left to do!' Plus I work SO many hours during tax season. I LOVE my job, but this is the time of year I earn the amazing perks I get the rest of the year. I booked our wedding night hotel room this morning, and now I'm researching flowers to order. I'm DIY-ing flowers, and I've known what I was going to get forever, I just need to do it. And when it is a socially acceptable hour, I'm going to call our potential officiant and a few MUA's. Seven month engagement.... what were we thinking?
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

I need to get on this as well.  I hate dealing with flowers.  I think its the one big aspect of our wedding that completely stumps me.  I have no vision when it comes to flowers and no idea what the heck to order.  I'm recruiting my aunt on this one.  We'll probably go the Central Market route as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5f426671-402b-42e0-b1a6-519a70f012dcPost:494e0876-f63f-4202-975b-ce801d872ebf">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I felt so lost without you guys yesterday. :( I'm in Waco. Came down to spend time with the ILs. MIL and I were trying to fix her battery-powered wine opener when I hear someone say, "You know, it's really not that hard." It was Andy! He had driven all the way down from Pampa and managed to sneak into the house without us knowing.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

This.is.awesome.  I always hoped Randy would surprise me like that when he lived in LBK but it never happened. 
  • I always hoped to get a surprise when FI lived in LA, but then I remembered I'm really the only one reliable enough to pick him up from the airport. His mom doesn't work, but if anyone recalls from prior threads, she's BSC, and cannot be trusted with such a task.
  • One of my BM came in town from san diego to spend time with me so I get to show her Dallas today! Yesterday we did ft worth, and its nice to have someone who's apart of the wedding here since I only have 3 BM. 

cwaggoner- your making me want smores!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5f426671-402b-42e0-b1a6-519a70f012dcPost:42eb4bba-65dd-4da4-8d05-1a449cc600c1">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my BM came in town from san diego to spend time with me so I get to show her Dallas today! Yesterday we did ft worth, and its nice to have someone who's apart of the wedding here since I only have 3 BM.  cwaggoner- <strong>your making me want smores!</strong>
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

I'm the only one who had 2. And my friend who is 8 months pregnant is included in that. I was just so excited.
  • Nothing exciting here. I had to work today, going to dinner with FI tonight after he picks up his kids. My daughter is at a friends house so I have about 30 min. of quiet and than back to work tomorrow. I really hate working the whole weekend. I really need to find a Mon.- Fri job.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We met four neighbors today. It was quite exhausting. 
    They are all nice people though and we learned that the average age in our neighborhood is probably in the 60s.

One neighbor actually said "Oh I saw you met the other neighbor this morning". He was probably my favorite. He was hilarious.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5f426671-402b-42e0-b1a6-519a70f012dcPost:e056be9c-d491-4600-a71e-ec3df5c4b738">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday! : *fingers crossed*  What kind of pups are you looking at?  How exciting! I love looking at puppies...except for when I want to cuddle them and take them all home.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

We're looking at Boston Terriers mixes. They are H's favorite kind of dog. I personally like larger dogs -- Golden Retrievers are my favorite, and the one we were looking at this past week was part Golden, but much smaller than most Goldens. Since the new house has a smallish backyard, I've agreed that a smaller dog would be better.

I looooove looking at the puppies, but we're only looking for an adult dog to adopt. Actually, the ones we're looking at are all around 5 years old. It's a bit daunting, delving into this world of pet adoptions! It's way more intense than I thought, and makes me feel a bit intimidated.
  • MarieSD - That is so exciting!  Sending good juju your way in hopes that you find the right dog for you two. :)  We would LOVE to get a dog as soon as we find a house.  We've always had Shih Tzus growing up so I adore their personalities and the fact that they don't shed... but FI says they are too small and too ugly.  He told me it looks like they got hit in the face with  a baseball bat.  I think he got punched in the nuts for that little comment. lol

Let us know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards