Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

I need ceremony music...

My FH and I are not the most traditional of couples. This is what I need help with... We are huge movie fans. So, to incorporate that into the wedding I wanted to make our ceremony music be good songs from movies. And it doesn't have to be from musicals. Just songs that are found in the soundtracks of popular movies. I'm at a point that I've exhausted all our favorites and I need a few suggestions. I just need some suggestions for semi-romantic songs from movies. Thanks 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need ceremony music...

• gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea if you want more classical, or rock, or what...buuuut heres a few. I'm using the first 2 for the processional =)

"Dawn" (from pride and prejudice) 
    "Clair de Lune" (oceans 11, twilight)
    "iris" (City of Angels)
    "time of my life" (Dirty Dancing)
    "Stand by me" (Stand by me)
    "When I fall in love" (Sleepless in Seattle)
    "It had to be you" (when harry met sally)
    "Bella's Lullaby" (Twilight)
    "Maria/ Tonight/ One hand, one heart" (West Side Story)

I googled for most of those. lol
  • edited December 2011
    "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith (Armageddon)
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on the movies you like. We are using music from the scores of movies we love (Gone with thte Wind, Last of the Mohicans, Forrest Gump, Star Wars, etc.) Google the score or soundtracks of the movies you love or the eras they come form and see what strikes you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • edited December 2011
    There's beautiful music in many movies but you need to be a bit more specific about what style of music interests you. Some of the scores that stand out to me are:

The Red Violin
    Memoirs of a Geisha
    Chocolat
    Shakespeare in Love

• edited December 2011
    I've always loved anything from Hans Zimmer, simply because imo he is the most amazing soundtrack artist/composer ever. I love everything from the movie The Holiday, especially the opening song.

Also listen to the soundtrack from Legends of the Fall.
  • Prelude songs we are using:
    Main Title from The Notebook
    Legends of the Fall theme song
    Romantic Flight from How to Train Your Dragon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards