Pre-wedding Parties

who to invite to bachorelette party

My maid of honor asked me for a list of people for the bachorelette party. I have mutltiple group of friends from home, college and work. Should I just invite all or keep it to a smaller group.

Re: who to invite to bachorelette party

• edited December 2011
    Just remember everyone invited to the bachlorette party needs an actual wedding invitation too. That being said, you can invite whoever you want from your wedding guest list, but typically smaller parties go over better. How close are you with your coworkers? Do your two sets of friends get along? I have two sets of friends invited to mine, they all get along, there will be about 10 total. If that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would try to stay away from the co-workers, unless you already do outside of work gatherings.  I would worry about gossip.  And the friends issue.  I agree with above if both clicks get along, fine.  But if not; choose the ones that would have the most fun in doing what ever you have planned. 
  • srkcdhsrkcdh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do hang out with the co workers outside of work and I have attended a few of their bachlorette parties. I am leaning towards inviting everyone and who ever comes comes. I love them all so I would be happy with them there.
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on what kind of feel you want and what you're doing.  I've been to huge bachelorette parties before and it's great for a night out.  If you're doing something a little more destination or an activity, sometimes just bridal party (aka a small group) works better.

I just had mine this weekend and up until the party I was hesitant about my choice to make it just bridal party.  I have 7 girls and two couldn't make it (live very far away) so it was 6 of us.  It was an absolutely perfect size for what we did and I loved it.  We went winery touring in a limo bus about 3 hours away from where most of us live.  Anything more than 6 or 8 would have been too much.

If you're going for a big group it sounds like inviting your coworkers would be fine based on  your description.
  • shannacknagshannacknag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you are having a destination wedding and invited anyone to come but they all declined? Can they still be invited to the bachorelette party anyways?
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you are having a destination wedding and invited anyone to come but they all declined? Can they still be invited to the bachorelette party anyways?

as long as they were sent an invitation to the wedding they can be invited to the bachelorette party. I would imagine most of them would be happy to be part of the celebrating if they cant make it to the wedding. At least I know I would enjoy going to the bachelorette party if a friend had a DW.
  • shannacknagshannacknag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we are planning on having a party when we actually get back for those who couldn't come. (which is everyone apparently) and I have been invited to the bridal shower and bachorelette party party of a co-worker but wasn't invited to the wedding. The shower I declined, I don't feel it necessary to have to buy a gift if not invited to the wedding. But the party would have been fun had schedules permitted.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having a destination wedding and we are limited in the number of people who can attend by our location.  That was part of the reason we picked it.  One of my friends who is attending the wedding is offering to throw me a bachelorette party and is planning to invite several of our friends who are not invited to the wedding.  I asked them their feelings on this and all of my friends who can't go understand the reason why and still want the chance to celebrate with me at my bachelorette party. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My sister has begun planning my bachelorette party. We want to do a cruise. My mom insists on being there, but we wanted it to be a time for just my friends, sister and me. Is that rude that my sister and I would prefer that our mom was not there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards