Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Having Two Dresses

Does it make me look spoiled if I have one dress for the ceremony and a different one for the reception (both are full on wedding gowns)? I bought one but it was not as full as I liked so I purchased a second one. I was debating on wearing the full one for the ceremony and the less full one for my reception. My family already believes I am spoiled so I was wondering if this would cause an issue? (I purchased the second dress myself) There have been some issues in my family already with me getting married (a rumor went around at Thanksgiving that I was pregnant and that was why we are getting married, totally not true!) My mother's family is just crazy so I don't want to make it worse. Thanks!

Re: Having Two Dresses

• Options
    I am totally doing this. I have one dress that is totally me with a more sporty look and one simple elegant dress that my fiance will like better. Both were very reasonably priced, so I bought both and will do pictures in both. I just couldn't decide,and then when I am hot in the heavier one, I"ll change into the lighter, more airy one to go out after in and I can also shorten after to bring on our honeymoon. Why not wear one of them again, right?

This is also very trendy to do right now, there are some gowns that are made to change looks. I don't see anything wrong with doing it if the second dress is light and comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards