Plus-Sized

You're going under where???

Okay knottie gals, are you planning on doing the garter toss, or do you think this is a bit overrated? I'm still on the fence! Most of our guests are either, married, engaged or seriously dating. WHat would be the point? Not to mention it kinda ticks me off when the guys don't willingly want to catch the garter, lol... I could have just left it for my hubby to remove later at his descretion Cool
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: You're going under where???

• We're not doing it. Honestly, when I was single I never wanted to get up there. We don't have a lot of single friends so we didn't really want to "single" anyone out either. We're just skipping it and the bouquet toss for the same reason.
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_youre-going-under-where?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dfa4613c-b710-4649-8cea-16ec1022dedePost:d750c798-ea99-484e-9574-4bf5180b3e46">Re: You're going under where???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not doing it. Honestly, when I was single I never wanted to get up there. We don't have a lot of single friends so we didn't really want to "single" anyone out either. We're just skipping it and the bouquet toss for the same reason.
    Posted by dawle77[/QUOTE]

I agree! One of my BFF's that happen to be single has already told me she REFUSES to get up and do the bouquet toss! I'm like OKAYYYYYYYYYYY, LOL... Guess that is going out of the window, but I have a few gals that are into it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we did the bouquet and the garter toss.  We had quite a few single friends at our wedding and I actually love looking through the photo sequence b/c our friends played along :-)  if that hand't been the case I probably would have considered nixing it. 

I put my favorites below :-)

That said, I was VERY specific with H about what was and was not cool when it came to removing the garter.  And, like most garter sets, mine came with a toss and a keepsake, so he still had the option of removing a second one later :-P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_youre-going-under-where?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dfa4613c-b710-4649-8cea-16ec1022dedePost:bd5b494d-1640-4d86-9022-bf5c9d381b9d">Re: You're going under where???</a>:
    [QUOTE]we did the bouquet and the garter toss.  We had quite a few single friends at our wedding and I actually love looking through the photo sequence b/c our friends played along :-)  if that hand't been the case I probably would have considered nixing it.  I put my favorites below :-) <strong>That said, I was VERY specific with H about what was and was not cool when it came to removing the garter.  And, like most garter sets, mine came with a toss and a keepsake, so he still had the option of removing a second one later :-P
    </strong>Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

<strong>THIS X'S 100 LOVE IT!!!!</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are not doing a garter toss. My fiance is super shy and isn't that thrilled with the size of our wedding as it is (110 invited). People looking at him or putting him in the spotlight makes him so nervous. I also tend to think garter tosses are tacky and I do NOT want him digging around under my gown in front of our guests (oh, there are plans involving the gown for AFTER the reception. ;) ).

I also don't like bouquet tosses so I nixed that, too.

It's your wedding, do what makes you and your groom comfortable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • We did both.  For the bouquet toss, I had made a toss bouquet myself w/ fake flowers.  After all the ladies got up on the floor, I walked over and handed it to my cousin's FI.  She in turn used the same toss bouquet at her wedding, saying a new tradition has begun and handed it to her friend that is engaged.  It was sweet and a lot of the guests enjoyed it.  I am curious to see how many brides get my bouquet hehehe.

The garter toss was funny.  We had a handful of single friends...some chose not to get up there....but there was still about 10 guys....The funniest was my 60+ yr old male friend who was trying to catch it.  We got some really cute photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards