Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First dance songs?

2»

Re: First dance songs?

• edited December 2011
    I'm with Meg a couple messages above me. My fiance and I are in love with Keith Urban- "only you can love me this way..." our dance isn't traditional though, we plan on starting off slow and having a big BANG as a finish. :) Again, Keith Urban's song is amazing, so is Brad Paisley- "Then". GOOD LUCK!
  • MicahAnn2009MicahAnn2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a very hard time with this one but we have decided to dance to Jamie Foxx's song from DreamGirls, it might be called "when I first saw you". We picked between that and the Kenny Chesney/Dave Matthews song "Im Alive".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to Man and Wife by Michelle Featherstone. She's kind of an unknown artist, but you can hear the song on YouTube and buy it on Itunes.
  • edited December 2011
    Our personal song, which will also be the first song my fiance and I will dance to at our wedding is "In My Life" by The Beatles. The words are so beautiful, meaningful and true.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are dancing to 'Better Together' by Jack Johnson. It is a little faster than FI would like, but it has a significant meaning for us, so it is the one. Another suggestion is 'I Could Not Ask For More' by Edwin McCain. We are leaning heavily toward using that during our ceremony, but it would also make a great first dance. Good luck and have fun whatever you choose!
  • glam70sglam70s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "You're My Best Friend" by Queen... :-D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Like previously mentioned, we are dancing to "To Make You Feel My Love" by Adele.
  • edited December 2011
    Jen_t784,  Adam Sandler's song is awesome!  I love it.  We aren't doing a traditional ceremony/reception (we're going to Cabo!) but if we were to have a 1st dance Motley Crue's "Without You" would have to be in running for sure.  My fiancee is a big Motley Crue fan and he once even wrote some of the lyrics to this song in one of my Valentine's Day cards.  "I could face a mountain, but I could never climb alone.I could start another day, but how many, just don't know.You're the reason the sun shines down and the nights, they don't grow cold. Only you that I'll hold when I'm young, only you . . . as we grow old"    :)
  • edited December 2011
    "I'm Yours"  Jason Mraz!   LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be dancing to Tori Amos' version of Led Zepplin's Thank You, but I'm also a huge fan of Ben Harper's version of In Your Eyes. We might use that as our processional :)
  • krayzmelmelkrayzmelmel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having a Fairy Tale themed wedding.  after all the disney songs that are there.... we chose "At the Beginning" from the movie "Anastasia".
  • jwolfbergjwolfberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your first dance has to be very personal to you... my fiance and i are dancing to "the adventure" by angels and airwaves, another great one is "power of 2" by the indigo girls.   Or if you want something dramatic "dance me to the end of love" by Leonard Cohen is an unexpected and really interesting love songgood luck... I hope you find something that really represents you and your love story!
  • edited December 2011
    Love not given lightly by Chris Knox "cause it's you that I love and it's true that I love and it's love not given lightly But I knew this was love And it's you that I love And it's more than what it might be"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We danced to JT's "My Love". Here's a video of our first dance: http://tinyurl.com/od8pgh
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are dancing to "C'mon Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson.  Here's some of the lyrics:"I miss the sound of your voice And I miss the rush of your skin And I miss the still of the silence As you breathe out and I breathe in If I could walk on water, If I could tell you what’s next Make you believe, make you forget So come on, get higher, loosen my lips Faith and desire in the swing of your hips Just pull me down hard And drown me in love So come on, get higher, loosen my lips Faith and desire in the swing of your hips Just pull me down hard And drown me in love.."
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • TequintTequint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is a huge Rat Pack fan, so we are dancing to "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra. It's such a classic, and I'm really excited.
  • cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have finally decided on "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters (the acoustic version).
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on what type of couple you guys are.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm leaning towards either Ray LaMontagne's "You are the best thing" or James Morrison's "Precious love."  I downloaded a free mp3 editor from the web and can slow down either song without altering the tone. So I will whichever song we choose down a bit. I also love "forever" by Ben Harper and "this kind of love" by Sister Hazel.

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• edited December 2011
    We are going to dance to "Still Remains" by Stone Temple Pilots.  It's not exactly a "slow" song, but the words are actually very romantic and are meaningful to us.  Whatever you do, when you choose a song, listen to the words and know what they are.  You might find something that is special to you and your fiance.  I don't know if that helps or not...
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance are starting with "You're All I Need" by Mary J. Blige and Method Man, we'll probably dance to that for a minute or so and then have the DJ cut into Tangled Up In You by Staind.
  • krissyg2010krissyg2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Better together" by jack johnson is amazing, especially for a summer wedding. We'll probably use that..it means something to us and it'll set the mood for the reception :)
    Also thought about "With you" by Chris Brown- cutest song ever.
  •  philsphan philsphan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  thought I'd throw out an idea/suggestions that hasn't been mention yet for you to consider....

A new song (released Feb. 2nd, 2010) entitled "Always Love". It 's in the style of The Beatles, Van Morrison, etc.. Acoustic guitar based (with full band), running time of 2-minutes 45-seconds ( a good length for foral 1st Dance). Lyrics are of commitment/affection.

To preivew, click link below

http://www.cdfreedom.com/artists/journeymanrecords/catalog/alwayslove/

Best of luck in all phase of planning your wedding day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards