South Asian Weddings

Photo & DJ recs for NJ wedding?

Hello!  I'm getting married in Princeton in October 2013, and now that we have our venue & date set, I'm trying to learn about the other important vendors.  Does anyone have recommendations for photographer (& videographer) and DJs who are based in NJ or serve that area and have experience with Indian weddings?  Recs are always better than random Internet searches, so would love any thoughts.

Thank you!

Re: Photo & DJ recs for NJ wedding?

• Check out <a href="http://www.creativetouchfilms.com/" rel="nofollow">www.creativetouchfilms.com</a> they're located in Northern VA but travel all over the place to film Indian Weddings. Search on youtube as well creative touch films.... They have photography too.

In Response to <a href="http://indian.weddings.com/main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_photo-dj-recs-for-nj-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4e83eae3-893d-4d20-983c-aa63d9a171c0Post:2d5b83e0-767c-45d7-89c8-2ab399ad18a3">Photo & DJ recs for NJ wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I'm getting married in Princeton in October 2013, and now that we have our venue & date set, I'm trying to learn about the other important vendors.  Does anyone have recommendations for photographer (& videographer) and DJs who are based in NJ or serve that area and have experience with Indian weddings?  Recs are always better than random Internet searches, so would love any thoughts. Thank you!
    Posted by FloorTo5k[/QUOTE]
  • Here are some options that I heard of when looking around:

1. DJ:  DJ Guarav, DJ Magic Mike

2.  Videographer: Studio Nine, Fine Arts, Twin Production, Suburban Video ( based out to the D.C. area)

I Pm'ed you who we used for photography.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_photo-dj-recs-for-nj-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4e83eae3-893d-4d20-983c-aa63d9a171c0Post:2d5b83e0-767c-45d7-89c8-2ab399ad18a3">Photo & DJ recs for NJ wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I'm getting married in Princeton in October 2013, and now that we have our venue & date set, I'm trying to learn about the other important vendors.  Does anyone have recommendations for photographer (& videographer) and DJs who are based in NJ or serve that area and have experience with Indian weddings?  Recs are always better than random Internet searches, so would love any thoughts. Thank you!
    Posted by FloorTo5k[/QUOTE]

<strong>Please check your PM</strong>
  • edited October 2012
    We used:

DJ: Bollywood DJs (bollywooddjs.com). They were okay. The main guy we dealt with, Amar, was having his wedding around the same time and was extremely busy. After his wedding, he was better at responding to emails and calls. The MC they brought, MC Chris, was nuts! He asked our guests to take crying babies out of the room! We never requested that. But, despite a few hiccups, the room was extremely energized all night and folks never left the dance floor (it was dry wedding!). Overall, I'd give them a C.

Photographer: R7 Studios (http://r7studio.zenfolio.com/), based out of Philadelphia. Raj is pretty awesome. He responds all the time. Came to all of my events (mendhi, grshanti, wedding, reception). He took awesome pictures and we had the engagement shoot with him as well. He's amazingly responsive too. He does video too!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also used Bollywood DJs and I noticed the same thing about Amar.  He still got the job done and apologized since he was in the midst of planning his own wedding.  I understood where he was coming from since my work took a hit during wedding planning, I mean, whose doesn't?

We had a DJ and MC Chris with some tabla performer for cocktai hour and dinner.  Chris also did the whole baby thing at our wedding but I kind of appreciated it that since it is a huge pet peeve of mine to see kids running around during a wedding reception.  We have a soft spoken family and worked really hard to prepare their speeches.  I find it dis-respectful when kids are crying and their parents aren't takign them out to the lobby.  I suppose it does sound weird saying it infront of 100's of people but at the same time some of these parents need to hear it.  All in all, they rocked out the dance floor and did a great job listening to my needs.  I would give them A- / B+ just because of the communication issues while Amar was getting married. 
  • We also used Bollywood DJs and I noticed the same thing about Amar.  He still got the job done and apologized since he was in the midst of planning his own wedding.  I understood where he was coming from since my work took a hit during wedding planning, I mean, whose doesn't?

We had a DJ and MC Chris with some tabla performer for cocktai hour and dinner.  Chris also did the whole baby thing at our wedding but I kind of appreciated it that since it is a huge pet peeve of mine to see kids running around during a wedding reception.  We have a soft spoken family and worked really hard to prepare their speeches.  I find it dis-respectful when kids are crying and their parents aren't takign them out to the lobby.  I suppose it does sound weird saying it infront of 100's of people but at the same time some of these parents need to hear it.  All in all, they rocked out the dance floor and did a great job listening to my needs.  I would give them A- / B+ just because of the communication issues while Amar was getting married. 
  • jccharly10jccharly10 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Contact Creative Touch Films Cinematography for Video...www.creativetouchfilms.com
    they are actually pretty reasonable with their pricing, I work there helping out with their equipment and like how they film with digital cinematic camaras that are amazing...and they're very proffesional.

Email is info@creativetouchfilms.com
  • edited February 2013
    Hey,

After reading your post, I think I can help out by giving you some references within the south-asian market. I have been part of plenty of weddings, as a bridesmaid or sibling, and I can assure you that having an experienced company is truley essential. From my experience, a DJ/MC is key to have a successful event. I have had both, great and awful experiences at weddings (my first friend to get married had a horrible collection of south-asian djs). Im not going to throw any company under the bus, but I can tell you who, since the bad experience, my friends and I have been using. I would say Ecstatic Events. There website is www.ecstatic-events.com. They are extremely professional and fresh with endless possibilities to make your wedding day a great success. The company is really great, never had a problem with them, they travel as I have given them events across the United Stated which they didnt miss a beat. This is the only company my family and I always use. For photography, I would say Fine Arts (a bit expensive but worth it) or NYNJ Photography. I hope this will help, and hope you don't have to witness anything short of excellence for your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards