Ohio-Toledo
Options

Vendor Reviews (11-6-10)!!

David’s Bridal, Toledo – (A)               
My dress was beautiful, Jan was extremely helpful. It did get a little packed in there at times but I thought for the price my dress was, It was a good experience. The girls all got there dresses very fast! And 4 of the 6 dresses did not even need any alterations! I did not do my alterations here (too expensive).
Pam Thomas, Maumee – (A+)               
Alterations went very well and she was SO sweet. Amazingly priced and went above and beyond to make alterations go as smoothly as possible. Highly recommended!
Beauty Bar, Toledo – (A+)              

This was one of the highlights of my entire day! My hair LOOKED AMAZING. My makeup was beautiful.  They even hooked me up with a quick eyebrow wax last minute.  They went above and beyond to make this a great morning!
Jon Khoi Nail Salon, Maumee – (A+)               
They did a great job and even had chocolate covered strawberries for my party when we got there! Everyone was so nice and they even gave my 6yr niece a mini mani!!
$200 DJ Service/ Trav Grant – (A)               
Travis was really great! His pricing was AMAAAAZING. Really, I couldn’t have even rented the equipment to do the ipod playlists ourselves for less than $300.00! We had to add some extra time on because our reception ran long. It $200.00 for 4 hours and $25.00/hour after that ($50.00 secures his services and is included as part of the down payment). I only had one small issue… at some point things got a little hectic and we were all over the place (Jimmy and I needed a minute to ourselves because we had been running all day long) some booty dancing music came on that was not on my list BUT in his defense it was also not on my do not play list.  After the song was over, I quickly asked him to play the next song on my list (Journey – Don’t stop believin’) and we were good to go.
Cake Arts Supply, Toledo – (A+)               
Cake was BEAUTIFUL. It was exactly how I envisioned it. It tasted amazing and we got a lot of comments on how beautiful it was. They even negotiated the price down for me and threw in the Ohio State Grooms Cake for FREE. I highly recommend Cake Arts Supply.

Beautiful Blooms By Jen, Toledo – (A)

My flowers were beautiful. I must admit, slightly pricey though. They were on time, they helped to pin all the guys on and set up the reception hall. Everything looked gorgeous. We even rented theses beautiful lighted “trees” to put outside of the hall to brighten it up. They looked AWESOME.

Everlasting Images Photography – (A+)               
HANDS DOWN THE BEST THING I PAID FOR, BY FAR.  Extraordinary service! We laughed all day, they were timely, patient and kind. I have only seen two sneak peeks of my wedding photos yet, but they are stunning. Pricewise, the best I found which had originally scared me at first. HIGH RECOMMENDATIONS for Everlasting Images.

First Presbyterian Church, Maumee (A)               
First let me say that is my grandparents church. They have been members here for many, many years. It’s beautiful and historic and lovely. Pastor Clint was so great – so much so that we went to find him after the ceremony to personally thank him. He was funny, charming and kept the ceremony moving as it should. My only issue was with the Church Wedding Coordinator that I had to pay for. She was a nice lady (don’t get me wrong), but she was MUCH older and extremely strict about the rules.  She told my photog that they couldn’t take pics of the ceremony while it was happening (on the day of my wedding as I am getting ready!!!) And then when I calmly explained that I understand the rules and gave the photogs instructions not to interrupt the ceremony, she came back with a clip board to “re-explain” the rules to me. I was pretty mad. I took a deep breath and said, I understand the rules – and so does my photographer. But I also paid A LOT of money to have my wedding at this Church.  I think she got the hint and backed off. Im hoping they were able to still get some good ones… Pastor Clint was wonderful though. I asked him in private if by chance people started taking pictures, if he would stop the ceremony or anything? And (being a younger guy) said, absolutely not. So it ended up working out after all.

Ceremony was BEAUTIFUL. Church was packed. Hopefully there are some pics of it.

Wildwood Metro Park – Ward Pavilion (B+)               
This venue was beautiful and mainly it was my fault for falling in love with it the way I did.  It was cramped because my MIL over-invited 30 guests to our wedding. It did end up working out beautifully. We did have to use the extra large storage area for the food but it really turned out great. The fireplace was beautiful for the pictures. The projector and screen worked perfectly for our slideshow (which was priceless, btw!).  Lighting was perfect.
D&J Catering – Wauseon (A+)              

Another BRILLIANT find, I have to say. We had a beautiful selection of food! The PRICE WAS UNBELIEVEABLE! She even handmade candy apples for my favors which turned out STUNNINGLY. Jeannie with D&J Catering, Wauseon is one of my HIGHEST recommendations! They were GREAT.
 Great Lakes Vintage Limousine, Perrysburg (A)               
What else can I say? 1964 Rolls Royce looked awesome with my dress and the vintage feel I was going for. They had a Champagne Toast for us as we came out of the church with Red Carpet! It was awesome!!! Im totally glad I splurged on this!

Shaw’s Clothing (Tuxedos) – Wauseon (A+)
                We chose Shaw’s because many of Jimmy’s buddies are from Wauseon and they were hands down the lowest priced tuxedos in (near) town. I also went to the Bridal Show in Delta and im glad I did because Shaw’s gave us a coupon for 100.00 off to be used towards the grooms Tux or split up amongst his guys. Times being tough and all, Jimmy chose to split it up. The total for their tuxes was an astonishing $60.00! Well worth it. They all fit good and looked amazing. I couldn’t be happier with the choice.

Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews (11-6-10)!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw yay! Sounds like you had an awesome day!
    How was Hawaii??? That is one of the places we are looking into for a honeymoon... Did you like it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG We had the time of your life! We stayed on the Big Island in a town names Kona - which was so nice...

It can get expensive though. We were able to go because my Dad actually lives in Kona.  He has a business there - which he traded work for our hotel stay. If it were not for him we would have probably not have gone on a honeymoon at all.

Anyways, you couldnt have had better weather in the middle of November. 85 degrees during the day tons of beach time and some of the freashest most amazing seafood ever. You guys would have an amazing time.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Altoid_StormAltoid_Storm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds so awesome!! I got my dress but I'm waiting until closer to the wedding to get alterations (i.e. next year haha) and I'm definitely going to be going with Pam! Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Sounds like you had some amazing vendors! Your professional picture is gorgeous! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about D&J Catering also. Do they have a wait staff? And I thought I read this on their website but they don't have actual china do they?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_vendor-reviews-11-6-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:1ac67ca4-5e78-4cea-a932-d61e76fd5b28Post:9f9f3cf0-9cf1-4eba-b152-e2f237c27de9">Re: Vendor Reviews (11-6-10)!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking about D&J Catering also. Do they have a wait staff? And I thought I read this on their website but they don't have actual china do they?
    Posted by akirken[/QUOTE]

I did not use china so i doubt it. and i also did not have a sit down meal. Sorry - you should call Jeannie - shes great.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!!    I also have experience with several of the same vendors, and am glad to see you had great experiences with them too! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards