Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OL Tuesday

Dear Rain,

I love you.  Feel free to stay.  You at least help the temperature stay below 100 degrees.

-Me

Re: OL Tuesday

• edited December 2011

I hate it! It blew in something in the air overnight and my allergies are kicking my butt today! I may even leave the office early, I feel so crappy :(

• angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Anal-Rententive Manager,

I know that you and I are a lot alike in some ways, but surely there comes a point where it just really does not matter, and we can just let it slide... I am tired of your perfectionism costing my hours and hours of limited productivity.

Sincerely,
    Your slightly-less-anal-rententive-subordinate, Me
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Rain,

Please listen to Lacey.  Hang out as long as you'd like.  My air conditioner pretty much ran non-stop the entire month of June and I'm afraid to see the bill.   You bring us a much needed break!

-Tiff
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rain - I agree. Stay!

- Brianna
  • edited December 2011

Dear rain,

Don't listen to any of these crazy knotties! ;)

Love,
    my nose

• edited December 2011
    LOL you ladies are cracking me up! 

Dear Rain,
    You can stay until 5:00, then you have to stop long enough for me to walk to the parking garage because my umbrella is MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Natalie's Nose,

Pop some allergy meds - and feel free to take a sick day.  :)

-Me
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Summer free from wedding planning,

I love you!  I forgot what it was to have free time!  Off to lunch and happy hour.  ::sigh of contentment::

Love,
    Just Married Knottie

photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    Dear Tiff,

Now you have me worried abour our electricity billl! Surprised

-Marlene

Dear Austin,

Please someone give me a job! I am so sad thinking that I'll be stuck out here in Dallas while Brad is out in Austin. Not looking forward to these upcoming weeks.

-Sad wife needing to get to Austin ASAP!
  • edited December 2011
    Dear bridgetlb,

Good luck tonight, hope it goes better the 2nd time around!

Natalie
  • edited December 2011

Dear Tiff and Marlene,
    speaking of electricity bills...my last month's bill was like $40.  This month?  $125.  That was an eye popper.  Definitely because the A/C was running more than normal.  I was really enjoying our low bills...
    -me

Dear 5:30,
    Hurry up and get here!!  This day is dragging and I want to get home so that I can change clothes and go hang out with my friends and see the Eclipse premiere at midnight!!
    -me

Dear kids at the premiere tonight,
    Yes, I am older than you.  No, I am not a "Twilight Mom".  Totally not looking forward to the screams and sighs whenever R. Pattz and/or Taylor Lautner come on the screen.....but who am I kidding?  I'll probably be joining in on the fun :)
    -me

• edited December 2011
    Mariah-

Yeah... I'm afraid of the one coming in a few days.   Our last bill was $106, but the one we have coming... I can only imagine.   ..and that is with keeping it at 80 when we are gone and 77 when we are home. It seems like it still runs constantly.  I don't understand how these people keep their houses at 70... I can't stomach that bill.  I'd rather be uncomfortable.

-Me
  • Kpetty1010Kpetty1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Bridget- GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!!! hope all goes well!

oh and Dear Bed Bath and Beyond, Thanks for the $200 worth of free gifts yesterday! that was a fun shopping trip! 

-Kim-
  • edited December 2011
    Dear people with low electric bills,
    How are you guys doing it??  My bill is always between $190-$280.  It's just me in the house right now and we keep it set to 77 degrees, I turn lights off when I leave a room....  I don't get it?!?!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0977675b-9d7b-4de2-9028-8448d083b1dbPost:e99018d8-298e-448b-baa4-3e47286063b8">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear people with low electric bills, How are you guys doing it??  My bill is always between $190-$280.  It's just me in the house right now and we keep it set to 77 degrees, I turn lights off when I leave a room....  I don't get it?!?!
    Posted by lacy1603[/QUOTE]Lacy, how big is your home?  Mine is about 1300 square feet...so not that big.  Do you  have new windows and are the cracks around your door sealed off well?  Do you have a lot of stuff plugged in that could be sucking electricity without you knowing it?  We unplug a lot of things when we aren't using them.  We also use high efficiency light bulbs everywhere in our house. 
  • edited December 2011
    Lacy,

Do you turn it up when your not home?  How big is your house?  You may want to have the A/C checked to make sure your freon (sp?) doesn't need to be charged (or whatever that's called).

Also, we change our filter every 90 days.

Tiff
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our electricity bill last month was $90 and this month it was $110.  I was really expecting it to be around $200, so that was a nice surprise.  We keep ours at 82 when we're not home, and 79 when we are.  And even then I would like it to be 77 or 78, but I know it would run almost all the time.

Lacy, our downstairs (we don't turn the A/C on upstairs right now) is about 2,200 square feet and our bills are about the same as it was in my 600 square foot apartment.  The apartment windows were not good quality and there were tons of gaps around the patio door that let the heat and cold in.  Those few things really do make a difference. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacy - I feel your pain... I have a 2 bedroom, 1000 sq ft apartment, and our bill has never been under $100.  This winter, it was around the $250 range all winter.  I guess we're just used to it.  We keep our A/C on 78-80 all day, every day and keep lights off... I guess our apartment is just not electric friendly.  :(
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dear Rain,
    I love that you are here but hate that you are going to completely ruin a non-refundable outdoor vacation. 

Disappointed Knottie

Dear Knotties,
    I would give my right arm to have a summer electric bill anywhere close to $200.  Don't ever buy a 2-story house with one unit.  It's 80 upstairs and 72 downstairs and our AC runs nonstop for 3 months straight.  It's insane.

Knottie that can't wait to move

• edited December 2011
    Stephie,

That's our problem.   We have a 2 story townhome (around 1600 square feet, so not too big) with one unit.  It has this damper thing that directs the air where it needs to go...but it's not like the air is sealed off from top to bottom floor.   I've been wondering if that isn't the reason why it runs so much.
  • edited December 2011
    Our house is about 1500 sq. feet and it's new...we just built it a year and half ago.  I think it's because we keep doors closed to the bedrooms to keep the dogs out of them while we're gone so maybe it's not circulating well.  I'm going to unplug EVERYTHING I don't use often tonight!  Thanks for the help yall! :)
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Lacy,

Our house is 1600 sq ft, it was built two years ago...granted it is a "green" house. Extra BLOWN insulation (which makes a big difference from that pink crap), insulated windows and doors..yadda yadda

but we keep our house at 75 all day and night and our bill was $120 this month....we keep our doors closed too b/c of animals. IDK if this will help but we keep our fans on 24/7

We used to live in a two story 1000 sq ft apartment and our bills were about $200-$230 every month in the summer :(

BOY was I glad when we bought our house and our bills during the non-summer month are between $70-$100 every month :)

• edited December 2011
    Dear Broken Ankle,
    Please please please be healed enough for my check up tomorrow to get the wires out. I'd really like to be able to walk and take care of myself again!
    Love,
    Angela
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Dear OL Tuesday thread,
    Thank you for reminding me to change the filter for my A/C. It was long overdue and will probably help me save some money - but I just plain forgot about it until I read this.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Twilight fans,

I apologize for any unspoken judging I have done in the past.  (Let's face it, some of the tweens and moms are annoying, so I'm partially justified in stereotyping.)  DH bought me the first book as an anniversary gift so I'd have something mindless to read on the beach.  And now I can't tear myself away from the books.  Thankfully, I should be done with them by the weekend, I'll see Eclipse on Sunday morning to hopefully avoid crowds (everyone be good and go to church!), and then I can get back to being normal.

A temporarily obsessed reader
  • edited December 2011
    LOL I'm going tonight to see Eclipse.  I hope I get a good crowd like I did with New Moon.  There was a mom in the theatre that told people as we walked in that "this is not going to be a screaming theatre...let's enjoy the movie!"  It was so enjoyable LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the club, Alana :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Mariah.  :)   I have to admit - it's been fun (and I'll be a bit sad when I'm done with Breaking Dawn).  Jordan has been working in the evenings these past two weeks, so I've had the apartment to myself to relax, read, and drink wine.  It's been heavenly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards