Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

In Memory of?

My grandma passed away when I was 6, she has always been important to me. My fiance's Uncle whom he was really close to passes away 5 years ago. We want to recognize these two with a candle and their pictures. Other family members have passed away as well, some more recently than the two we want to recognize.Do we need to also recognize them? Will people be offended if we pointed these two out and just listed the names of others? Should we name the others at all? 

Re: In Memory of?

• I think it depends on how many family members. If it's just one or two additional family members that have passed then I don't see the harm in adding a couple more pictures.

Other than that I think you're fine.

My sister had a memorial for our grandparents at her wedding last June. We have had several other family members pass on since then and nobody was offended. It's all about making the people that you and your fiance were close to a part of your day although they are no longer with you.

• My FI and I are talking about doing this at our wedding. His mother passed away when he was 6 years old. We want her to be apart of the wedding even tho she will not be here with us. I think as long as its not a long list, you should go for it. Like everyone said, clear it with family before you do anything so no one is shocked on your big day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards