Snarky Brides

Re: Here you go ladies! For your entertainment.

• brittneyc4brittneyc4 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I'm really disappointed this is blocked at my work :(

ETA: Checked on my phone, and holy crap. I'm pretty sure I'm going straight to hell lol
  • Those are just...wow.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Damn, will have to check from home. 
  • Oh my... that's a whole lot of nasty.
  • I told my H, he needed a leather jacket and a gold cross.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow... clearly FI needs to grow some more chest hair so we can have *awesome* wedding photos. 
    Anniversary
  • Know whats funny?  My mom did a Glamour Shot when we were little and she looked great.  I mean it was cheesy with big hair and makeup, but she still looked like a stunner.  An 80's Dynasty stunner, but still hot, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Wow.  Those look like glamour shots I remember seeing as a high schooler.
  • I never got to do the glamour shots, I was always so jealous of my classmates that did.
    Anniversary
  • KD, you're still gorgeous, despite the purple feathers.  :)

That potted plant one cracked me up.  "I carried a watermelon." was all I could think of.  Awkward. 

The rest, good freaking grief.  That dude in the white knee high socks and short shorts?  If someone hasn't blackmailed him over that photo, they should. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-you-go-ladies-for-your-enteratinment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:620c5457-ca71-4363-b67e-27f24b0c5569Post:7a675056-bb29-402a-a01d-2080f079ddea">Re: Here you go ladies! For your entertainment.</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD, you're still gorgeous, despite the purple feathers.  :) That potted plant one cracked me up.  "I carried a watermelon." was all I could think of.  Awkward.  The rest, good freaking grief.  That dude in the white knee high socks and short shorts?  If someone hasn't blackmailed him over that photo, they should. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Aw, you are TOO kind.

The plant thing baffled me as well. Here you need to be holding something!

I can almost forgive some of the women it was a fad, but the men? There is NO EXCUSE!
  • Right?!  And to have The Mullet to End All Mullets immortalized forever like that, shirtless no less? 

And I REALLY don't get the kids in there.  Of course I don't get Toddlers & Tiara's either, so there's that.  LET THEM BE KIDS!!!

• So...much...gold lame.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I have GOT to get me some glamour shots.
  • I wonder if Instagram is the next generations Glamour Shots?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-you-go-ladies-for-your-enteratinment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:620c5457-ca71-4363-b67e-27f24b0c5569Post:ca5a7f88-c7ec-411e-b473-76b05495b094">Re: Here you go ladies! For your entertainment.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if Instagram is the next generations Glamour Shots?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    If it is, at least it's free.  As opposed to spending tons of money, like with GS.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Oh...wow! That's just insane!

I do have to ask something though.
    I'm a canadian and we've never had a "Glamour Shots" studio here, but I was visiting Fortlauderdale earlier this year and my FI and I noticed a "Glamour Shots" studio in the mall!
    We were in total shock because we just assumed it was an 80's thing and that it became a joke to everyone. Do people actually still get photos taken there??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-you-go-ladies-for-your-enteratinment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:620c5457-ca71-4363-b67e-27f24b0c5569Post:d36e2b3e-d813-4d06-9613-0aeb6c798db7">Re: Here you go ladies! For your entertainment.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh...wow! That's just insane! I do have to ask something though. I'm a canadian and we've never had a "Glamour Shots" studio here, but I was visiting Fortlauderdale earlier this year and my FI and I noticed a "Glamour Shots" studio in the mall! We were in total shock because we just assumed it was an 80's thing and that it became a joke to everyone. Do people actually still get photos taken there??
    Posted by mrsbiss2be[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself, but my pictures were taken in 1999 (cue Prince song). I thought they were gone as well, but I guess not.
  • Huh, learn something new everyday. There isnt any close to me, but it seems there are some in southern Ohio.And their pictures arent the gawdy ones of yesteryear. They are kind of nice.

http://www.glamourshots.com/media/gallery_v4/individuals/index.aspx
  • I'm really sorry I clicked on that link. Sheesh.

I think Nice Peter uses some of those photos in his Nom Nom Nom video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd2rBWbvDbA

So bad it's good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards