Texas-Houston

Florist on a budget

Does anyone have any reviews on using HEB’s floral department as the florist for their wedding?  I would probably only need the bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 3-4 corsages and about 5-6 boutonnieres.  I’d also like 5 to 6 small table settings.  If anyone has any suggestions for reasonably priced florist that would so helpful.  It seems like a lot of the vendors I’ve found are just out of my price range.  Thanks for your help!    

Re: Florist on a budget

• BecTexBecTex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into using the HEB Blooms on Bunker Hill/I-10.  I showed up to my initial appointment and the florist was not there and no one had called to reschedule my appointment.  I left my number but after 3 days no one had called me back, so I called and set up another appointment. The florist sat down with me and I told her everything I would need for the wedding.  She had a very dated book of samples to look at but I felt like she understood what I was wanting and would be able to do it.  She wasn't able to give me any prices right then and said she would email me a proposal with the prices within a week.  I NEVER heard back from her.   After all of this, I didn't pursue it.  This was a personal decision, but I decided I couldn't take a chance on someone this wishy washy on my wedding day.    I ended up meeting with Carmen's Floral Designs and booked her immediately.  I'm sure its way more than expensive than HEB would have been, but I have peace of mind knowing my flowers will actually show up to my wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    I checked with Always Floral and Weddings in Bloom. Their pricing was similar, but I went with Always Floral b/c I liked Sabrina more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Always Floral. I LOVE Sabrina! Can't wait to see what she does with my centerpieces because I was all over the place! lol
  • edited December 2011
    The HEB/other grocery store floral departments are only as good as the florist's working there. If you mesh with one of them, great. My cousin worked at Randalls, and she did mine for me.

You will save money, yes. BUT, they generally will not deliver. So make sure you designate someone to pick everything up for you.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Flowers by Minerva in Bellaire. Very nice ladies and the price was AWESOME!!! Several of my friends have used them for their weddings and they stayed within the budget that they asked.

They gave great suggestions and and answered any question we had.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Your Day Weddings (www.youdayweddings.biz). Bernice is amazing and she can create anything you imagine. She works out of her home so her consultations are usually there and you'll be able to see all of her amazing work she is currently on. I had a wedding party, including the groom and I, of 14, plus 8 for the immediate family and officant and the total cost of my flowers were only $300!
  • kbates85kbates85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My friend did the flowers for my wedding. She saved me tons of money and did an AMAZING job. If your interested I can send you pictures from my wedding and her contact information. She's only done a few weddings but she's sooo good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Kbates85, I'm looking for someone too, can you email me the pics from your wedding and her contact information. My name is Kenisha, email address is krfalls2@yahoo.com Thanks girlie!!!!
  • Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent you a personal message!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Kbates85, I would love to see pictures and get information about your friend that does flowers.  My email is jess1852@yahoo.com.  Thanks so much!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Inventive Events, it's a small company, they do great work, affordable prices and I am very pleased! They are doing my flowers, lighting and linens. You can check out their portfolio on facebook at Dextor InventiveEvents Rodgers and send them a message Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards