Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Ceremony/Reception Location - need ideas

So we got engaged about 1yr ago, my fiance was deployed for a year and is now home!! I am starting to look around the area for locations, we don't want to spend a fortune on a wedding, but want to have about 80 guests...we'd love to have a beach ceremony and reception where we can spend the night - or not have to travel far (ideally we'd like to stay where we are)...but any ideas would be much appreciated!!! has anyone had or been to a wedding on the cape without spending an arm and a leg?? Let me know..thanks!!

Re: Ceremony/Reception Location - need ideas

• edited December 2011
    http://www.borsarigallerycapecod.com/

This isn't on the water but it is beautiful. Perfect spot for a wedding that size. There are places to stay near by and you could use cape cod trolley for transport.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Seacrest in Falmouth does beach weddings and will block out most of the rooms at the hotel for your guests. There were certain seasonal limitations-- like, I think they only do weddings in the fall and spring or something, but it's worth looking into.
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the SeaCrest in July. I believe they do weddings year round...this year they were closed for renovations, so that may have been the limitation. they will be opening Memorial Day weekend. I think it is the absolute perfect location for a beach wedding. Although it is not super cheap, for the environment I think the prices are fairly reasonable. I was able to bargain a bit with them as well. Good luck with your search and feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
  • amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Falmouth Yacht Club. They are super affordable and that room would be perfect for your size wedding. And they allow you to have the ceremony right on the beach. It's a more casual atmosphere though, so i'm not sure how fancy you are looking to get.

Also, you can check out Flying Bridge in Falmouth. We are getting married there and absolutely love the place. It's not on the beach, but it's right on the Harbor. They have a tent over a porch where they do the ceremonies, which is gorgeous having the hardbor as the backdrop. And they're pretty affordable! 

Goodluck! :)
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think of the Falmouth Yacht Club, but I second that would be an awesome location. Our wedding was too big for that venue, but it would be just right with 80!
  • kristinm0301kristinm0301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'm going to email the Falmouth Yacht Club - there isnt much info on their website...but I'll definately look into it.
    THANKS AGAIN!
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    They will mail you their whole wedding info package. They don't really give any details over e-mail and such. Just FYI. 
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Pamet Harbor Yacht Club in Truro as well- the right size for your group and not too pricey.  The only catch is you can't stay there...

http://www.snippetandink.com/real-wedding-saturday-jocelyn-michael.html

http://www.pametclub.com/
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last year at The Red Jacket Beach Resort in Yarmouth, they have their own private beach and accommodations for your weddings guests too! My friend had her ceremony on the lawn overlooking the beach then took pictures along the jetty and the river (there is a nice river that runs along one side of the hotel, our room was on that side) we all hung around on the beach / lawn for the cocktail hour enjoying the views and then we had the reception in their ballroom.
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    Check out Harbor Pointe in Cummaquid.
    We got married there last year & Loved it!
    They dont have the rooms there but you can get married there & have the reception there too.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're ok with the setting not being your "traditional" wedding venue - definitely check out Surf & Sand motel in Yarmouth.  I got married there last June (they do not do weddings in July and August), and everyone had a blast.  We had 150 people and from soup to nuts our wedding was around $18k (including hotel rooms for all the immediate family, photographer, everything).  They own Skippy's Pier 1, which is not on the beach but is on a marina.  You can check out my pictures if you want

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/viewSlideshow.sfly?fid=b51811810f324b542f762628e38c6d8e
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards