Maryland

Searching for Waterfront Wedding Venue

I've just started looking for a venue and date for my wedding.  FI and I both want to get married somewhere with water view -- we love sailing and being around the Chesapeake.

Would love to hear about venues that you've seen and any thoughts you had while looking.

Re: Searching for Waterfront Wedding Venue

• kml21636kml21636 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Oaks in St Michaels, or if you're having a smaller wedding, look into Matapeake State Park. There used to be an old ferry station that they turned into a cafe when seating for up to 75 people too, gorgeous outside and beachfront access. You can see the Bay Bridge from the beach.
  • kml21636kml21636 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh also Sandaway Bed & Breakfast in Oxford. www.Sandaway.com they have lots of recommendations for St Michaels too on their site.
  • mnm704mnm704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into waterfront venues too and our second choice was Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa. It's very beautiful and sounds like it fits what you're looking for.

We decided on the Sheraton in Columbia which is lakeside but may not be exactly what you're looking for.

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Silver Swan Bayside.  It's on Kent Island, about 5 miles south of Rt 50.  It's right on the bay and is even on a small peninsula with a marina.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_searching-waterfront-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:1340f821-5da5-4f5f-bcbc-fa7c913f8dfdPost:d619100b-fd6d-49ac-91a4-fd79edc068b3">Re: Searching for Waterfront Wedding Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooooh also Sandaway Bed & Breakfast in Oxford. <a href="http://www.Sandaway.com" rel='nofollow'>www.Sandaway.com</a> they have lots of recommendations for St Michaels too on their site.
    Posted by kml21636[/QUOTE]

<div>the Sandaway is aaaamazing. We went there for a trip and absolutely loved it.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    If you can afford it, Chesapeake Bay Beach Club on Kent Island is the way to go (this is different than Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa in Calvert County). My sister got married there in June and it was spectacular. The food, the service, the coordination... everything was perfect down to the very last detail. A little pricey, but very worth it.

If you're going for something a little cheaper, there's Celebrations, Kurtz'  Beach and Herrington on the Bay.
  • edited December 2011
    Eastern Yacht Club
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Kitty Knight House on the Sassafrass River just south of Chesapeake City, MD. It was beautiful! Great food! And reasonably priced too!
  • browner3browner3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I live in southern Maryland and have been looking between here and Baltimore as well.  At the bank I work at, I got a good recommendations for Mary's Hope in St. Inigoes, MD.  Don't know how far south you are willing to go, but the website looks gorgeous.  We are going for a tour tomorrow.   www.marys-hope.com
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Londontowne Historic Home and Gardens in Edgewater maryland. They have a beautifuldock over the South River for the ceremony and a nice tent and building for the reception. They have a dock that we are putting to use, because FI has decided we are leaving the reception by boat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Celebration @ the Bay, here is there # 410-437-5711. You can also try, The Admiral Inn 410-522-7377. Best of luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Londontowne in Annapolis is awesome!  Lots of photo ops.
    More than words.....
  • kbsoccer00kbsoccer00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How were the bathrooms at Kitty Knight House?
  • mandamarie81mandamarie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa.  So pretty there!
  • Teri&PozTeri&Poz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Love Point at Kent Island - GORGE!!  www.lovepointatkentisland.com
    tPoz Photography - www.tpozphoto.com
    May 5, 2007 **MARRIED**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards