Ohio-Cleveland

Outdoor ceremony site on the lake

Does anyone know of any sites on Lake Erie for a wedding ceremony? We would like to keep it somewhat close to the Lakewood area, but don't know where to start. I feel like there must be a park on the lake with a gazebo or something that would do the trick! Any ideas?

Re: Outdoor ceremony site on the lake

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lakewood Park is nice. My friend took her wedding pics there after the ceremony. No gazebo, but the lake view is pretty. Also, it's been awhile since I've been, but Edgewater isn't far from Lakewood.

The Carlisle in Lakewood has a restaurant with a patio right on the lake. If you have a smaller guest list, you could have it there.

If you just want some kind of water, but not necessarily Lake Erie, some of the golf courses around town have small lakes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1beaubride1beaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sawmill Creek...$950 for site, chair set up

• jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coe Lake in Berea. It's not Lake Erie, but the site is pretty and the gazebo is great for a wedding ceremony! http://www.bereaohio.com/attractions/coelake.cfm
  • KhalsteadKhalstead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably further than you'd like to drive but Conneaut, OH has a beautiful gazebo overlooking lake Erie w/ a lighthouse in the backdrop as well and it's FREE, also has a pavilion about 20 ft. away, there are also several gorgeous wineries that would be perfect to host a reception!

Looks to be a little over an hr. drive from Lakewood though (attached a photo of the inside of the gazebo, you can see the lake as well as the breakwall and lighthouse  off in the distance as well...it's really very pretty in person!
    off
    Sitting in a church doesn't make you a "christian" anymore than sitting in a garage makes you a "car"!
  • jenandsean14jenandsean14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wendy Park or Whiskey Island!
  • kaehaszkaehasz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaylii9: Do you know how to rent/reserve the gazebo at Coe Lake?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards