Catholic Weddings
Options

Creighton Charting

Hi ladies-

I have my first appointment on Friday and will have needed to have been charting for 2 weeks. Without going into detail, I feel like I am not doing it correctly. I haven't been given any instruction since our intro class back in May. I've read the booklet, but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Has anyone else had this problem in the beginning? Will it get easier? I consider myself a fairly smart person, but just not grasping this.

Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Creighton Charting

• Options
    You don't actually get instruction until you meet one on one. It becomes clearer after you strart meeting with the instructor. 
  • Options
    I don't use Creighton, but I will say that when I first learned Billings my instructor had to go back and completely "re-do" my chart with me at my first appointment.  It was that session of, "Okay, you did this, you should have done that," that really helped me understand what the heck I was doing.  I really learn by making mistakes and having to correct them, so I appreciated that.

Don't get discouraged!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I had the same problem, and it does get easier!  It is a lot to take in all at once, and even after I read through the booklet and started charting, I had questions.

Once you start going through your chart with your instructor, it'll start to click - don't worry too much if you have corrections to your charts at first, that happens to everyone, and is just part of the learning process.  Just make sure you discuss everything with your instructor and bring up any questions you have.

Hang in there!
  • Options
    It will definitely get easier! You will get more confident with your observations, you will get more comfortable with the recording of your observations, and, eventually, it will all click. You will probably have some corrections your first session (or few sessions), but it will come together. I think lots of people feel overwhelmed with that first "read the book and start observing," but it really does make it easier to figure out as you learn along with your body.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't give up!  I had corrections on my first few charts, and that's pretty normal.  Even if you feel like you don't get it at all now, it'll click.  It's actually amazing how it falls into place pretty quickly.  Good luck, and stick around here!

• Options
    thanks ladies!!!!!  i really appreciate your feedback.  <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards