April 2013 Weddings

Invites are out.....responses coming back....but.....

My wedding is 4/13/13.  My invites are out and I am receiving responses back.  However, I find myself stressing about people who include others that weren't invited.  That hasn't happened yet, but with my family, I know it will!

I just wanted to rant.  I don't understand why people can't look at the address and the names on the card and obide by who it is addressed to!  If I wanted a particular person to come, I would have asked them.

Can I get an AMEN?? :)

Re: Invites are out.....responses coming back....but.....

• edited February 2013
    I honestly think it's just plain ignorance. 

We got a "w/ guest" write in. At first FI was going to let it go, but when I pointed out that it would cost us $150 to host a guest for his cousin who isn't in a relationship (and apparently doesn't even know his guest's name yet), he got on board with calling him up and telling him that the invite was just for him.

The cousin will get over it, or he won't.

I didn't get any responses in the mail today... boo. We're still waiting on some responses. Do people honestly not know what they're doing on April 14th yet? Repondez!

ETA: Now, if you're sending invites to a part of a couple and not inviting the other half, well, I can see why the guest might be confused. But we didn't do that.
  • Yeah, I guess I am just going to have to get tough because I am not making exceptions.  We went over our list many times and I am NOT adding people now!
  • Mine was so small, so I didn't have to deal with that thankfully. Well- I did by word of mouth, but not on invites. If they do- just remember, they are the ones in the wrong, not you! So just give them a call and tell them, sorry! Part of a wedding I guess :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I once wrote my boyfriend in on an invite to my cousins wedding. I honestly just assumed a mistake was made as we had been together for for 4 years. I was young at the time and didn't realize that it was intentional to leave him off and only invite me. I still feel stupid to this day for it. 

I think if someone writes it in, they might just honestly not get it. Those that do "get it" usually call and inquire.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_invites-are-outresponses-coming-backbut?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:daddb2f9-d56c-4ef2-8651-67ffd4b4d0afPost:5ad390bb-83aa-4ab7-be7e-aa4d253fa449">Re: Invites are out.....responses coming back....but.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I once wrote my boyfriend in on an invite to my cousins wedding. I honestly just assumed a mistake was made as we had been together for for 4 years. I was young at the time and didn't realize that it was intentional to leave him off and only invite me. I still feel stupid to this day for it.  I think if someone writes it in, they might just honestly not get it. Those that do "get it" usually call and inquire.   
    Posted by jakigaudet[/QUOTE]

Don't worry- she was technically wrong etiquette wise for not even inviting your boyfriend! A lot of people do call up in that situation to ask, I see that asked on the etiquette board a lot and people seem to say that one is ok to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_invites-are-outresponses-coming-backbut?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:daddb2f9-d56c-4ef2-8651-67ffd4b4d0afPost:5ad390bb-83aa-4ab7-be7e-aa4d253fa449">Re: Invites are out.....responses coming back....but.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I once wrote my boyfriend in on an invite to my cousins wedding. I honestly just assumed a mistake was made as we had been together for for 4 years. I was young at the time and didn't realize that it was intentional to leave him off and only invite me. I still feel stupid to this day for it.  I think if someone writes it in, they might just honestly not get it. Those that do "get it" usually call and inquire.   
    Posted by jakigaudet[/QUOTE]

<div>I did something similar last year but I was allready engaged.  I maybe should have called but the bride had facebooked messaged me about my FI's name and I gave it to her but I figured she maybe allready had done the envelopes and had left him off unintentially.  </div><div>
    </div><div>OP- I am hoping to have no additions to my guest list.  We ended up allowing all single friends to bring a guest and it does bother me the amount of money we have to spend for the extra people.  I am hoping some people who know each other will come as a group of friends rather then bring a date.</div>
  • I got three RSVPs today.  Four more people coming, two more people not coming.  We sent Save the Dates out last fall so I was hoping that responses would come back a little quicker but I guess not :-P
  • Haven't had any trouble, nor was I expecting any as I knew our guests pretty well and most are already married or in a long term relationship which we accounted for. But today I got my first write in....

It's one of my fiance's golfing buddies.  We invited him and his wife and they wrote in their 3 grown children (18-23 yr olds).  I haven't talked to him about it becuase I JUST opened it but I'm a little annoyed.  I'm not super fond of this friend as it is - he's 45 and acts like he is 21 and the whole family seems a little rowdy....  I can guarentee that my fiance is going to say we should just let it slide as he won't want to tell him not to bring the kids so I am trying to let it go now before he even gets home.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• 72 Invites went out last Tuesday, I've got 10 response cards so far, all yes and no write ins yet. We're worried about this one guy who's trying to find a date to make his ex jealous. Yeah no
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We invited everyone with a guest, because at the time when we made the guest list we were unsure about who would be in a relationship or not at the time of invitations. So we budgeted for every single person to have a guest. Most of the single ones are not choosing to bring anyone, but I am still happy to give them the option. I am worried about people writing in their children, so I hope that doesn't happen!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_invites-are-outresponses-coming-backbut?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:daddb2f9-d56c-4ef2-8651-67ffd4b4d0afPost:c3cc9bc4-94a3-4ec2-8e7c-4ba683826da3">Re: Invites are out.....responses coming back....but.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We invited everyone with a guest, because at the time when we made the guest list we were unsure about who would be in a relationship or not at the time of invitations. So we budgeted for every single person to have a guest. Most of the single ones are not choosing to bring anyone, but I am still happy to give them the option. I am worried about people writing in their children, so I hope that doesn't happen!
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

We did the same thing, everyone who isnt married is allowed to bring a guest.
    We are also doing an adult reception with some acceptions-I dont want kids under 10 so for the ones who have kids 10-18 I am texting or telling them in person hey when you RSVP your kids are invited-I did put adult reception on the invites too so I wanted to be sure they know.
  • I think I top them all. I have a friend I'm barely in touch with anymore write in her husbands four kids!! They aren't even hers! At 30 a head we are paying 120 if I let it slide...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards