Florida-Central Florida

Newly Engaged and Color Advice

Hello Ladies!

I'm Jaclyn. My fiance Jon and I got engaged on 2/27/10, the day before my birthday and I'm super excited!

We're getting married on May 21, 2011 at Eagle Creek Golf Club in Narcoossee.

Our ceremony will take place at 5:00 or 6:00 in the evening on the golf course, so hopefully our infamous afternoon showers will be over and it will start cooling down by then!

The reception will be inside the beautiful clubhouse which is on the second floor and overlooks the golf course.

We're thinking of navy and red as our colors. So, the groomsmen will have black suits with red vests and ties and the bridesmaids will wear navy dresses and we'll all have red flowers.

I was thinking of throwing some silver accents in too. Silver ribbon on the bouquets, silver shoes on the BMs and I'm working on getting silver chargers too.

What do you all think of the color combination? I know it's not typically spring time colors, but since the wedding will be in the evenig, I'm hoping we can pull it off. It doesn't have to be an elaborate to-do, but I want it to look elegant.

Looking forward to hearing from yall!!

Re: Newly Engaged and Color Advice

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats on your engagement!I love navy red and silver together! I think it sounds beautiful! At night, you can pretty much have whatever colors you want! You could even do red and blue striped ties or seomthing on the gmen or have them have red pocket squares or something to tie the whole bridal party together.
    If you need any help with anything everyone is very helpful on here!!!!
  • thedrvalthedrval member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on the 22 of May and also going with non traditional summer colors (scarlet and gold, USMC).  I think you colors sound great! One thing I did think of is that with you in the pictures or white tableclothes there will be the possible color combination of red, white, and blue.  Not that I think that would be bad (I'm really patriotic) but some might not like it... That is the only thing I could think of that might be "negative" about those colors.
  • edited December 2011
    You know, I thought about that too. I think how I work out the linens will determine how well it'll work.

Fortunately, I have 50 colors to choose from. I wouldn't HAVE to do white linens, right? I could always do navy blue linens….
     Or maybe I would have the linens be white with red sashes and leave the blue out of it. Use the navy blue more in other ways? I really like the color combo, but honestly, I don’t want it to be Jon and Jaclyn’s Patriotic Wedding! Hahaha.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you should throw another color in there as an accent to distract from any patriotic confusion.  What about yellow or gold?  If you went with yellow, it could be a buttery yellow which you could definitely use in your linens and then do maybe a navy organza overlay and red roses.

Another option would be to choose reds and blues that are variations of the bold colors.  Like choose a red that's a little orangey or a navy that's got some grey undertones.  I would go to home depot and play with some paint chips.  I'm sure you'll come up with something great :)

Congrats on your engagement!  
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I am so happy for you .

Blue is really in for colors . Blue you can put anything with .
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and good luck planning! Sorry I don't really have much advice right this moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards