Kentucky

Completely Overwhelmed

I am completely overwhelmed. I have been engaged for a month and half now. My wedding isn't until August 31st, 2013 so I thought I had plenty of time. However, my fiance and I are both in law school about 10 hours from Lexington so planning during the school year is not really an option. I won't be back in Lexington again until next March, so I'd like to have my venue booked before I leave for school in two weeks but I cannot find anything I love. 
Most of my guests will be from out of town (Michigan, NY and Florida) so I want to give them a uniquely Kentucky experience. I really wanted to have the reception on a horse farm but I haven't found any that can host the number of guests I am having (200) and has room for an indoor/outdoor space in case of rain. 

Thus far, I have looked at:

Headley-Whitney (which I love, I just worry about being outdoors in August heat and weather) and it seems like it would be extremely pricey. They provide nothing but the grounds so between renting tables, chairs and a tent, I'm already looking at $11,000 at least. My total budget is 35,000. 

I have also looked at Ardmore Farm which was Beautiful, just not big enough. 

Finally, I looked at the Marriott Griffin Gate. Logistically, it would be perfect but I really feel like its just not very unique. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also, does anyone know anything about Fairyhouse Hall?? Thanks!!!

Re: Completely Overwhelmed

• edited December 2011
    Keeneland, The Red Mile, The Horse Park, Fasig-Tipton, The Thoroughbred Center are some horse related places that would fit your criteria.  I never heard of Fairyhouse Hall. 

I was married at Buffalo Trace in Frankfort, it was so beautiful.  Distilleries are very Kentucky if you wanted to go in that direction...

The Music Difference has a very extensive list, check it out here
    HTH
  • Laurenm1024Laurenm1024 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That list is amazing. You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much! 
  • haleegriggshaleegriggs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception is going to be at Fasig-Tipton and I can tell you that it is very Kentucky.  In case you haven't heard of it, it is a horse sales pavilion but they also have an indoor facility for receptions.  LOTS of trees - the grounds would be gorgeous in August.  But, it's not dirty and stinky like you might expect a horse sales pavilion to be.  It's beautiful and very reasonably priced.  Of course, Keeneland is beautiful and classic Kentucky but receptions are pricey....the Red Mile catering company is great, delicious food but also pricey.  Just depends on how much you want to spend!
  • edited December 2011
    If you need a price list or to see pictures of Fasig Tipton, their website is actually through the in house caterer: http://www.central-catering.com.

HTH!
  • Laurenm1024Laurenm1024 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I just can't seem to find anything that I've fallen in love with. Hopefully, I can find something! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards