Ohio-Cincinnati

Ceremony Music

I am having an outside wedding and need some music.  I've seen some quartets/trios that are wanting $500 and think that's outrageous for a half hour ceremony.  Do you have any recommendations for music that is less expensive?!
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music

• edited December 2011
    Just a thought...
    usually the musicians begin the music for the ceremony 20-30 minutes before the ceremony starts, so you are contracting their services for at least an hour by the time you have pre-ceremony music and the ceremony itself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto deco.  I very much doubt that you'll find reputable musicians willing to sign a contract for less than an hour's services.
  • j&awestrichj&awestrich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking to spend less, why not contract a student to play? UC has an AWESOME music program with lots of talented people...Miami U also has an abundance of whatever you need. Students are always looking for stuff to put on resumes and CVs and I think you'll find that they're just as professional as the "professionals."
  • edited December 2011
    I hired the "happy couple duo". They are a husband and wife violin team that have been playing for years. They can also play guitar I believe and do any type of music including songs on the radio.
    They are extremely reputable and did a fantastic job for me. They have raised their prices since I used them but according to their website they are around $300 for the ceremony. And they do play a bit before to welcome guests.
    Check out their site: http://www.thehappycoupleduo.com/Packages---Pricing.html
    Tell them Deana says hi! they like to know where their referrals come from!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My ex  (I am obviously not having him play at mine!!) does wedding ceremony music and he only charges like $250.  One of the finest musicians I have ever heard.  Classical guitarist.  You can listen to samples online at his site, vivoflamenco.com.  He is so good.  His name is Jorge Wojtas.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  Hopefully I can find something that's within budget.  I'm sure it would be nice to have them there for an hour rather than just a half hour. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SunBear22SunBear22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_ceremony-music-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:dae6759f-04a4-426d-b41a-ee4314a3ba2cPost:b034bb21-7e53-469b-844a-d3df05602012">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're looking to spend less, why not contract a student to play? UC has an AWESOME music program with lots of talented people...Miami U also has an abundance of whatever you need. Students are always looking for stuff to put on resumes and CVs and I think you'll find that they're just as professional as the "professionals."
    Posted by j&awestrich[/QUOTE]

<div>This. The students at CCM from the uni are fantastic and will generally work pretty cheap!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    There is a student group called Altissimo that I hear is very good.  I used a quartet from String Celebrations, USA for my ceremony.  I loved them.  They were super professional and played beautifully.  They started playing 20-25 minutes prior, and play for 20 minutes after.  I believe they were around that $500 mark but that was the same price that I found that all the professional groups in the area charged.  They played everything I asked them too and filled in the gaps with appropriate music where I didn;t have suggestions.  They also accompanied my brother for a song without charging any extra.  For me, it was worth it.

Carrie
  • edited December 2011
    does anyone know how much UC musicians change?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_ceremony-music-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:dae6759f-04a4-426d-b41a-ee4314a3ba2cPost:3288565c-b2c0-416e-89d2-bac4e7580d02">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]does anyone know how much UC musicians change?
    Posted by jenjenattack[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We used a CCM group - Quartet Zaria (they did a fantastic job, btw) - and I THINK the cost was somewhere in the neighborhood of $450 for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but that was back in March of '09.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://cincinnati.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_ceremony-music-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:dae6759f-04a4-426d-b41a-ee4314a3ba2cPost:30f703f4-8246-4b67-8923-0a3dd506a16e">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ex  (I am obviously not having him play at mine!!) does wedding ceremony music and he only charges like $250.  One of the finest musicians I have ever heard.  Classical guitarist.  You can listen to samples online at his site, vivoflamenco.com.  He is so good.  His name is Jorge Wojtas.
    Posted by baboox[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Funny, he is my ex also...</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards