Getting in Shape

Back to Weight Watchers for my July wedding (and beyond!)

Hi, everyone!

I've been looking around the board for a while and want to introduce myself!

I'm Lizzie and my FI and I are getting married on July 27 in the Philadelphia suburbs. We met at a 4th of July party in '08 which was thrown by mutual friends. We connected that night and have been together ever since. We bought a townhome a year and half ago and adopted a tiny black kitten, Amelia, who was found lost and alone under my aunt's house down the shore. She is actually not a kitten anymore, but we still call her our baby girl.

When my FI and I met, I was vegan. I had lost approximately 30 lbs eating a vegan diet and ramping up my exercise. Since I am a teacher, I used the summer of '08 to really focus on my weight and health. I felt the best I've EVER felt that summer and no surprise, I met the love of my life.

Well, keeping up with that lifestyle while dating a meat-loving guy was difficult. Excuses, I know. Needless to say, I went back to eating meat a few months into our relationship. Once we started living together, healthy eating and living went out the window. Over the years we've tried several "diets" with no success--Atkins, South Beach, Flat Belly, back to vegan, etc. Nothing has "stuck." Our routine is pretty much get up, drive an hour to work, work all day (we are active at work), drive an hour home, make and eat dinner, plop on the couch and watch TV for the rest of the night.

I am now the heaviest I've ever been. With the wedding 7 months away, I am hoping to lose between 25 and 30 lbs. My FI is also hoping to lose that much.

The new year is the perfect time to make the commitment to a healthy lifestyle and the wedding dress I just picked up from David's Bridal (which they said wouldn't be in until MARCH) is also giving me motivation. I've tried Weight Watchers before and am a member online. I downloaded Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred via Amazon instant video. We also got the Kinect for Xbox360 for Christmas, so I am looking into Zumba for that.

I am hoping that I can get some accountability here and really commit and stick to my new lifestyle of healthy eating, MODERATION, and exercise. I look forward to getting and hopefully sharing some tips and support here! Thanks for reading my very long post! Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Back to Weight Watchers for my July wedding (and beyond!)

• Welcome :)

You're getting married on my birthday... It's a good day if I do say so myself.
  • Good luck! It is fabulous that you are setting a realistic goal and giving yourself time to achieve it!!!! What type of exercise do you like? I will think of every excuse to not exercise but I have found that I LOVE boxing/kickboxing, I think it is so empowering! It also burns lots of calories. I hope you are able to achieve your goal!
  • I'll be joining the club! I'm going back to WW this week actually.

I did WW several years ago before my BFF's wedding, and lost around 15 pounds (and becoming Lifetime), which is all I really wanted to lose. Needless to say, over the years I've gain it all back plus an extra 15. Now I'm struggling to lose 30 pounds (I'd like to lose 35-40, but I'm being realistic about where my body seems to stop at...haha) before my Sept wedding. 

I do workout quite a bit, doing an intense bootcamp, but I eat like crap. My BFF joined WW about 3 months ago and has lost 40 pounds combining it with exercise. 
  • Thanks!

7/27 has a great ring to it and I can't wait to make it our anniversary! I am also a July baby (July 5th), so 2012 is going to be a big July for me: 7/4 = four years with FH; 7/5 = my 30th birthday!!!; 7/27 = wedding. I certainly have a lot to look forward to!

I LOVE to dance! I started dancing when I was 5 years old, but when I started to fill out, I had to cut my prima ballerina plan short. Nobody hires a ballerina with a D-cup. I also ran cross country in high school and as a result HATE running! I really do love Zumba, so I am eager to try that for the Kinect.

I just finished my 1st day of 30 Day Shred level 1. Boy, oh boy, am I out of shape. It was a tough workout! I am thinking I am going to do this for month of January to get back into it. I don't want to rush into anything too strenuous as I'm afraid the extra weight I'm carrying could lead to injury. ANYWAY, I'm going to keep up with 30DS and see how it goes.

Made my first WW breakfast = mushrooms, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces turkey bacon, and one piece WW toast. I also added some clementines since I have a whole box on the kitchen counter calling my name.

Here's to the first day of a new lifestyle!!

Thanks again for your support & kind comments! :-)
  • Nice work on your first day!!
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • I have decided to start weight watchers myself and I am getting married a week before you on the 20th of July!

It's funny about David's Bridal my dress came back sooo quickly as well so I for sure have the motivation, it's tough though when my fiance is trying to gain weight when I'm trying to lose it, he can eat all he wants and doesn't gain a pound!! I would like to lose between 30-35 pounds it would be great if we could keep each other accountable!!
  • Thanks to all!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_back-weight-watchers-july-wedding-beyond?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:9fd79404-808b-4eea-83c7-94bb4b307af7Post:1105077a-8003-49c8-a1df-02495e3698db">Re: Back to Weight Watchers for my July wedding (and beyond!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have decided to start weight watchers myself and I am getting married a week before you on the 20th of July! It's funny about David's Bridal my dress came back sooo quickly as well so I for sure have the motivation, it's tough though when my fiance is trying to gain weight when I'm trying to lose it, he can eat all he wants and doesn't gain a pound!! I would like to lose between 30-35 pounds it would be great if we could keep each other accountable!!
    Posted by MsRichard83[/QUOTE]

Day Three and it's going well so far. But I'm only three days in. LOL.

I've been making some tasty stuff from the WW site and eating just under my allotted points for the day. I've also done 2 days of Jillian's 30DS and feel super sore today! I think I am going to get some of her other vidoes via Amazon Instant Video--cheap, convenient, and easy!

My FH is also on WW (as is our cat, haha), but he hasn't started an exercise program just yet. I'm sure the weight will just fall off of him per usual.

I ordered my David's Bridal dress on Black Friday and I picked it up on December 26th. INSANE. I feel the urge to post photos of it all over my house as motivation, but I don't want my FH to see it! :-)

Anyway, I am on board the accountability train. Feel free to PM me! BEST OF LUCK!
  • I'm 3 days in as well and so far it's been great.  I actually feel full all the time since I took the time to plan my meals & snacks out for the week.  Wknd dinners out make me nervous, but I will save all my splurge points for that and try to be sensible.  I run some---trained and completed my first half-marathon this November and have my 2nd half this February---and occasionally do a pilates DVD, but I will try to be more regular with that stuff and may join a local cardio dance studio after February.  I only have about 10 or so pounds to lose and lots of toning up to do.  I'm hoping to lose a couple pounds before 1/28 since I am doing a budoir photo shoot that day and of course shape up for my November wedding.  I'm actually very excited about my goals and living a healthier lifestyle.  Good luck to us all!!
  • Hi There
    I am getting married this December and looking to join WW, I hear so many great things about WW and the success record is unbelievable.  I have tried so many diets and have failed all of them due to lack of will power.  I need to loose 30ish pounds by my wedding but also want to keep it off.  I want to enjoy going shopping again and feeling good in my clothes.  If you all have any helpful tips or advice - please share....

Thanks
    starbritte1@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards