North Carolina-Outer Banks

RSVP Cards

I am working on my invitations this weekend and I am stuck as to what verbiage to use on my response cards. In addition to a yes/no for attendance, I would also like to find out when people plan to arrive in the outer banks. I am finding it difficult to get this information. Any suggestions of what verbiage ya'll used would be helpful.

Re: RSVP Cards

• I understand wanting to know this for welcome bag dropping off, and possible welcome dinners, but I wouldn't ask it until you receive the positive RSVP's. Some people may not know when they plan to arrive, some may change their minds last minute, so I would wait until closer to your date to start asking that information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:51060aa4-a855-4b23-865e-8f3bfc2a10caPost:8067d53f-0109-4728-bf9d-6b5b477cd360">RSVP Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working on my invitations this weekend and I am stuck as to what verbiage to use on my response cards. In addition to a yes/no for attendance, I would also like to find out when people plan to arrive in the outer banks. I am finding it difficult to get this information. Any suggestions of what verbiage ya'll used would be helpful.
    Posted by peaksarah[/QUOTE]
    I think how you word your RSVP cards all depends on if you're having a more casual, laid back feel for your wedding or more formal. We personally want ours more laid back and fun, so we want to convey that on the invitations.

We plan on putting:

Will you be celebrating with us?

___ Yes, we can't wait!

___ No, we'll be toasting from afar!

Just instead of the plain old "Yes" or "No"

Also, instead of writing "Reception to follow" on the invite, we are putting "Food, drinks and fun to follow!" just to lighten things up a bit. Hope this helps!
  • I sent an email out about a month before to  all my guests asking where they would be staying, and when they would arrive.  
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:51060aa4-a855-4b23-865e-8f3bfc2a10caPost:b7ad25c5-6527-4854-80b4-06806c4397f9">Re: RSVP Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand wanting to know this for welcome bag dropping off, and possible welcome dinners, but I wouldn't ask it until you receive the positive RSVP's. Some people may not know when they plan to arrive, some may change their minds last minute, so I would wait until closer to your date to start asking that information.
    Posted by ksj10032782[/QUOTE]

All of this :)

The closer your date gets, you will have a better idea if people are staying at a private home or staying in one of the hotels that have been blocked off, through random conversations and whatnot.  For our families/friends staying in beach homes, I knew what companies they were with based off casual conversations and called ahead of time to see if it would be okay to gain entry into the home to have their welcome bags waiting for them.  We checked in on a Sunday and other than family, most of our guests checked in on We/Thurs for our Friday wedding, so I had a few days to get everything ready.  It only took me about 2.5 hours, most of that was driving time, to drop off the bags.  For the hotels, I dropped them off at the front desk to be passed out since I didn't know there room #.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards