Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Friday Five

1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan?

2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda?

3.  What do you try to stay away from?

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it?

5.  Plans for the weekend?

Re: Friday Five

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan?
    Long live capitalism.
    Cream soda, but i would take a root beer float over a cream soda. 
    People's cigarette smoke.  First off, I don't smoke so why should i get the bad side effects.  Secondly, that goes through their lungs so all kinds of filthy mucus membranes are in it, nasty. 
    4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it? Hmm I really wish mine had copy and paste....drives me nuts! 
    Ohh big wedding plans!  We're picking up the invites and I get to say hello to one of my favorite people, then we have our first dance lesson on Sunday. EEKK NWR: double session with my trainer tonight, then tomorrow my grandmother's birthday party, then drinks with friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? It is what it is...probably because I say it 5 times a ady.

2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda? I'm going to go with root beer float, otherwise I don't drink soda.
    3.  What do you try to stay away from?Trouble...I caused enough when I was younger.

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it? Prevent it from getting too hot.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Tonight, watching a movie. Saturday, looking at 4 wedding venues with FI, none of which I really care for but he's excited. Sat night  going out in Boston, hopefully somwhere pretty mellow. Sunday laundry/dinner at FILs.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm....it's 5 o'clock somwhere

Don't love either but I like Root Beer once in a great while. I always wanted to like it, but never could.

Toxic people!

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it?
    I wish I could have all my songs on it..I know, I need to get an iphone.  But I love my bbm too much!

Birthday weekend!  Margaritas tonight with my sister and friend then hopefully party tomorrow night- wohoo! 
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jwatts is my soul sister - "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!" Yeah!

Brown cow? It's basically a rootbeer float. A mug stuffed with vanilla ice cream with root beer poured in the crevices. 

Toxic people. They feed off of souls. 

A laser beam that could reheat my coffee. 

Going out tomorrow night to a pub to hear my coworker's band play a gig. Other than that, chilling around the house, cleaning, watching movies. Nothing too exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like NH's "Live Free or Die" hard to improve upon that.

Not really a fan of either but hate root beer so...Cream Soda!

Drama

I really wish my iPhone 3G had video, but that seems pretty standard on all other phones...

Japanese hibatchi grilll tonight with FI, friend's cocktail party tomorrow night - can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_friday-five-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:ce22c220-c4e9-4811-ade4-a6d5f48119c6Post:1d34937a-58b6-46f4-b0ed-22931ea67d27">Re: Friday Five</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? Long live capitalism.
    Posted by EKobrenski[/QUOTE]
    <strong>
    Woohoo!  Long live Capitalism!!</strong>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_friday-five-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:ce22c220-c4e9-4811-ade4-a6d5f48119c6Post:c2366d60-39bd-432f-86e5-145229e5a97d">Re: Friday Five</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? It is what it is...probably because I say it 5 times a ady.
    Posted by jonchrissy[/QUOTE]

<strong>HAHA that made me crack up!  "Today we are unveiling a new state!  Slogan?  Eh, it is what it is."</strong>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Alexagrant, I like your style, girly! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    haha Shaz we are soul sisters!!

5 o'clock somwhere and toxic people ; )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_friday-five-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:ce22c220-c4e9-4811-ade4-a6d5f48119c6Post:5506369e-87c8-4874-9bf5-af1ebaa64dab">Re: Friday Five</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha Shaz we are soul sisters!! 5 o'clock somwhere and toxic people ; )
    Posted by jwatts23[/QUOTE]

boo I am a toxic person, but the Britney definition.  How can I avoid myself?   LOL 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahaha Ekobs, I think by Britney definition toxic is totally okay.  Anything Britney is okay by me.  And I can hardly imagine you are toxic to ANYONE's health/spirit/soul!
  • Options
    coreywalkcoreywalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan?  Live and let live.  

2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda? Root beer...float :)

3.  What do you try to stay away from? Negativity!  Positive things happen to positive people!

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it? The everlasting battery!

5.  Plans for the weekend? Birthday party for a friend on Saturday, Taxes on Sunday--oh joy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? Something akin to the polar opposite of EKobs. But I love you anyway you crazy capitalist! <3

2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda? Cream Soda if I had to choose. Skim milk over either though ;-)

3.  What do you try to stay away from? Soda? Capitalists? Just kidding. I try to stay away from food & alcohol, but reality all I accomplish is staying away from the gym.

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it? Let's talk about all the features I would subtract. How about everything except the phone function?

5.  Plans for the weekend? Home inspection tomorrow, a dinner + Wii party tomorrow night where our friends bring their own controllers ;-).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy (because I have nothing else imaginative to say)

2. I prefer BEER floats m'self. hehehehehe, otherwise, cream soda

3. Negativity

4. Have an endless battery so I never have to charge it!

5. Getting a facial, mani and pedi tonight (OMG I NEED IT SO MUCH). Bridal shower with my friend tomorrow!!!! Also book club tomorrow morning @ Harvard Gardens (We are discussing Atlas Shrugged, should be interesting to say the least!) Sunday is brunch @ the Oak Room (Fancy!) and rock climbing later in the day (not so fancy)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_friday-five-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:ce22c220-c4e9-4811-ade4-a6d5f48119c6Post:350ecdfb-a573-48eb-80e9-cb810af3587c">Re: Friday Five</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? Something akin to the polar opposite of EKobs. But I love you anyway you crazy capitalist! <3 2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda? Cream Soda if I had to choose. Skim milk over either though ;-) 3.  What do you try to stay away from? Soda? Capitalists? Just kidding. I try to stay away from food & alcohol, but reality all I accomplish is staying away from the gym. 4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it? Let's talk about all the features I would subtract. How about everything except the phone function? 5.  Plans for the weekend? Home inspection tomorrow, a dinner + Wii party tomorrow night where our friends bring their own controllers ;-).
    Posted by spuccio[/QUOTE]

I love you, you little pink-o!
  • Options
    penname11penname11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sarcasm State

Root Beer (and is weird that I literally gagged when I read Spuccio's comment about skim milk?  I knew I didn't like seeing glasses of milk, but I didn't know that just the visualization of it what cause such a reaction).

Currently, delicious fried foods.  Always, dumb people.

A dictionary.  Not one that you access via the internet.  I just want one right there on my phone.

Tomorrow is the 'Best Picture Showcase' where you watch a whole bunch of the films that are nominated, obviously, for a Best Picture Oscar.  There's like 5 showing in a row tomorrow.  I'm skipping Avatar and watching the rest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do like "It's 5 o'clcock somwhere"...what a drunk state we would be :)
    Root beer
    Right now, bad food (aka aything delicious)
    Bigger keys! my fingers are apparently too fat for my blackberry ha
    Packing and MOVING on Sunday! So excited but so uch to do!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Bio -Updated 7/11 image 175 Invited image 140 Partying it up! image 17 Not going to be there image 18 Unknown
    RSVP Date July 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? Equal Opportunity

2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda? Neither - really not a fan - I prefer Diet Coke or Fresca for soda and that's about it 

3.  What do you try to stay away from? Hmmm - small talk I suppose.  I really dislike that awkward small talk with people who you know don't want to be talking to you and you don't really want to be talking to them but you exchange pleasantries anyways - i'd rather just skip it

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it?  The ability to send media without a data plan - I have a blackberry but no data plan and it won't let me send pictures

5.  Plans for the weekend? No big plans - hopefully catching up on some sleep though its difficult when you have to wake up every 3 1/2 hours.  Probably staying in tonight - going out with friends locally tomorrow and relaxing or possibly hiking on Sunday - tends to be the usual!  DH is taking a bunch of recruits out to breakfast and to the airport tomorrow morning. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Suppose you started your own state: based on your personality, what would you want for your new state's slogan? Cupcakes for all! J  (I just finished lunch and I want a cupcake SO bad right now.)

Ooooh I have not had either one in a long time.  I used to LOVE cream soda…now I want one of those, too. 

Creepers on the T, processed foods

A block function, so I could block certain numbers from calling/texting/IMing.  I think that’s out there if you call your service provider, wish I could just hit “block forever” on annoying numbers

Registering at Crate & Barrell on Sunday morning!  Tomorrow my fiancé is playing in a hockey game against some alumni from the Boston Bruins for charity, we’re both so excited!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By the way, Mandah, thanks for doing this every Friday! Its so fun. I miss having regular polls and lineups on TK...we used to do it all the time. Thanks for picking it up :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree- I look forward to it now!
  • Options
    cdlnmfcdlnmf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get your dance on. Solution to all life problems.

2.  Root Beer or Cream Soda? Root beer. Cream soda is way too thick-ish for me.

3.  What do you try to stay away from? Lately... stores, malls, etc... my shopping addiction has been out of control, I need to steer clear of all things retail if I hope to maintain the well being of my bank account.

4.  If you had the chance to design a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it? A metal case, so that I can't break it. I go through cell phones like its my job.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Well, speaking of that shopping addiction my Friday evening was spent buying a fab new dress at Jcrew and now having a PJ's movie night with the FI, Saturday I have to paint the laundry room, and Sunday is a food tasting at our venue. Yaaay, so exciting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww thanks girls! I'm glad you like it! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards