Snarky Brides

GTKY XP: Christmas gifts and s/o christmas?

I've begun my Christmas shopping. I have no idea what the hot items of the season are. I figured this would be a fun GTKY, and give us all ideas. 

So.. 

What do you want yourself from Santa?

What are you planning to get your s/o?

What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)?

Re: GTKY XP: Christmas gifts and s/o christmas?

• What do you want yourself from Santa?
      *World peace, weight loss, State & National park passes

*He's got a birthday, our anniversary, and Christmas coming up so I've got gifts already but am not sure what order they'll be given in.  He's getting a bunch of hiking gear (backpack, compass, mag light) two books he'll love (Holnes on Homes, and a weird facts about US presidents), his favorite chocolate (that can only be bought from school fundraisers), a video game, and some art prints.

*The baby nieces and nephews will get savings bonds and a book each.  Our oldest niece is getting a carved hiking stick and some more Choose Your Own Adventure books.
  • playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    What do you want yourself from Santa?
    I want a new digital camera and or a Kindle Fire (I'm behind in times)

I am looking into getting BF some good tools. He has a lot floating around the house but nothing newer or very good (names) and with that a nice tool box set to collect everything and have a set place for them to be instead of all over.

Last year was a big year for gifts that I got my parents and I am still paying off one of my dad's gifts. I'm not sure what I will be getting them. I been thinking of just taking my mom shopping (clothing) she doesn't do this much at all and Fashion Bug is closing with everything discounted, I myself love the store so I can't get a gift card for her, the next best thing would be an early gift of taking her there for some new clothes. I have no clue what to get my dad this year. 
    I am going on a baby shopping spree for my bestfriend's new addition that will be here around Christmas time. And then tons of toys for her other 3 boys as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited September 2012
    What do you want yourself from Santa?I'm still up in the air, but I'm thinking my wardrobe needs an uplift. I graduated from college in May and I'm a dance teacher, so most of my days are spent in yoga pants and workout tops, but I'm starting to substitute teach during the day, so its needed :)
    What are you planning to get your s/o?First, a Pez organizer! He has so many and they constantly get knocked over. I'm pretty much stumped after that. FI buys most things he wants and he doesn't want for much. 
    What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)?No kids in my family yet! However, just after Christmas my friend is due, so I'm making a baby blanket because I knit.

PS- Play, you'll love a kindle fire! I don't know anyone who doesn't. I've had mine since June and I've read a lot more than I did before and it's really convenient to get info and stay organized. 
  • See my ticker for my Christmas wishes  :).

H is getting a shirt he wanted but thought was too expensive, some glasses with bikes on them that he will like, and some other stuff that I haven't figured out yet.

Our baby will be brand spanin' new.  We probably won't get the baby any presents.  We have no neices/nephews yet either.
    A new laptop or an iphone/droid and whatever house building supplies are needed in December. We may be asking for a toilet and plumbing by then. ;)

No idea. Maybe a new phone if we can afford it - his sucks. Or something for his camera.

We don't have kids yet. I'm guessing Legos for the older nephews and I'm making a baby blanket for the youngest - arriving mid-December. :)

• missun- I have the first kindle, and dying to upgrade. I actually won the kindle at my work by a Christmas drawing last year. I read more then I have ever did before just with that. I am super excited now that they came out with HD fire, the regular Kindle Fire will be a little cheaper.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    New pans, digital camera, a couple movies
    The 'Bazinga' sweatshirt from Think Geek, and other stuff (no idea yet). Probably this fishing multi-tool thing I found on Bits & Pieces and maybe something science or nature-related.

Don't have kids, and don't have any to buy for. If I buy for my cousins it will be something small, like Legos. Last year they were ungrateful brats so I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get them gifts this time around.
  • What do you want yourself from Santa?A flat stomach and a real job.
    What are you planning to get your s/o?We have our anniversary and Christmas within two weeks, so...I haven't quite gotten that far yet.  I'm stressing out more about his birthday next week.
    What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)?No kids here!  Actually, my cousins are like 12 and 13 and both girls, not allowed to wear makeup, and cheerleaders.  Maybe I'll get them condoms, since I see a huge rebellion coming their dad's way soon.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    A Wusthof bread knife.  I have more than one scar from my current, awful bread knife when it slid off the bread and onto my hand.

What are you planning to get your s/o?I might also try to have a gate put in to finish fencing our back yard so I can get him a puppy for his birthday in a couple of months.  Our neighbors just had this done in their yard, so I'm hoping they're willing to give me some advice.  I know nothing about fencing. 

No kids in the family we need to buy for yet

• What do you want yourself from Santa? Well this is our first Christmas with me not working so hopefully not much. I don't really need anything. I'd like gift cards from my parents though (they play santa)

What are you planning to get your s/o? I got him a pair of Steeler earphones from groupon and will continue to search amazon and groupon for good deals.

What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)? We probably won't get the baby much. Maybe some baby stuff we need for him and wrap it up and give it to him from Santa. What does a 2 month old need?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    Can I just say I love Peeks answer to this first question.

What do you want yourself from Santa?Nothing really. Maybe, just some new winter clothes for work. I'm boring and I usually get anything I want during the year.
    What are you planning to get your s/o?I have absolutely no idea. The man has everything. Usually I have to put him on a spending freeze from November on. He'll ask me for something, I'll tell him I don't have enough money, than I'll surprise him with it. Who knew he'd get so excited over a air compressor.

What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)? I'm getting the grandbaby one of the books you record as you read. Not sure what else, I need to find out what she gets for her 1st b-day on Oct.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gtky-xp-christmas-gifts-and-so-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a082bc23-ca81-4404-89fb-82df861189a6Post:d0462f7f-d7e1-4bc9-b6d4-e4eadcfd8299">Re: GTKY XP: Christmas gifts and s/o christmas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you want yourself from Santa?<strong> A Wusthof bread knife. </strong> I have more than one scar from my current, awful bread knife when it slid off the bread and onto my hand. What are you planning to get your s/o? I might also try to have a gate put in to finish fencing our back yard so I can get him a puppy for his birthday in a couple of months.  Our neighbors just had this done in their yard, so I'm hoping they're willing to give me some advice.  I know nothing about fencing.  What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)? No kids in the family we need to buy for yet
    Posted by Ven&Radio[/QUOTE]

<div>Wusthof is amazing - we got a bunch of different Wusthof knives as wedding gifts and they are the best knives ever! Cuts through everything like butter.</div>

Hmmm ... a few years back dd asked me and I said that I didn't know. She told me that "maybe Santa could bring me a little sum-in sum-in" (I can't even spell that!)

Boring me would just like clothes, art and books. Always books. But I think FI might be getting me a heated visor for my helmet. It doesn't sound romantic until you've driven a snowmobile at 40 mph in -25C temps!

I'm getting him a Spot - tracks him when he's snowmobiling places where there's no cell service (most of where we go). He can program it to request help, and I can see where he is online if I need to. Also will get him some local art, winter clothes, and maybe a photo printer. (He also has a birthday in November, so he gets lots of treats!)

DS wants a video game of some sort, DD wants a Newbury Girl doll (they're like American Girl dolls, only Canadian). She also wants an iPad, but I don't think so - she just lost her iPod!

I just replaced my e-reader with a Playbook. My e-reader died, I used it that much! They're awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gtky-xp-christmas-gifts-and-so-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a082bc23-ca81-4404-89fb-82df861189a6Post:447aeb9e-70bc-474b-8fa5-3ddc65723ab9">Re: GTKY XP: Christmas gifts and s/o christmas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GTKY XP: Christmas gifts and s/o christmas? : Wusthof is amazing - we got a bunch of different Wusthof knives as wedding gifts and they are the best knives ever! Cuts through everything like butter.
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

I have the chef's knife and paring knife from the wusthof classic ikon line and they're fabulous.  I think my fiance is going to have sticker shock at the bread knife though -- it's more expensive alone than the other two were combined!
  • What do you want yourself from Santa?What I really want is new flooring throughout the house, but that's not likely going to happen since we will just have finished the bathroom around Christmas. So instead, I want a new coat - either a water proof shell, dressy spring/fall coat, or dressy winter coat. Basically, all my coats need replacing at the same time, so I'm going to ask for one for Christmas. I also want 6 quickdraws for sport climbing and a nice cozy hoodie. 
    What are you planning to get your s/o?A good electric shaver and a personal anchor system for sport climbing.
    What are you planning to get any children (yours or family)?I have no idea! Our nephew will be around 6 months, but I'm not sure what to get him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards