Snarky Brides

I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.

Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:994f41ea-a93c-49ea-a1b5-d40159bd0074">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats awesome, Any. I doubt my parents will ever get a retirement house somewhere south. My dad would hate that, he likes the colder temps. I just looked it up and last winter, we got almost 90 inches of snow. Lol this winter was so pitiful.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, they've been talking about it for a couple years, they're both really into their motorcycles, so they want somewhere to ride during the 8 months where it's impossible in Canada =P </div><div>
    </div><div>Apparently this winter was super mild in Canada too. They had like, 78 degree weather for half of March in my area, which is practically unheard of other than maybe one out of the ordinary day.</div>
  • Mmm, Brandon's making spaghetti with Andouille sausage; I freaking love that stuff. Smells so good.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:60225b18-eacb-49b4-9aee-757249e7440d">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmm, Brandon's making spaghetti with Andouille sausage; I freaking love that stuff. Smells so good.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>Yum. I have no idea what we are doing for dinner. Probably a "clean out the fridge of any leftovers" night. Although we still have some pot roast left... yum.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:4a30aa84-f710-43a9-9078-4142752a0a3b">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : Yum. I have no idea what we are doing for dinner. Probably a "clean out the fridge of any leftovers" night. Although we still have some pot roast left... yum.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>I have been craving pot roast for forever. I think that'll probably go on the menu for this week.</div>
  • Hey-lo!

Any, love the new sig. That one was one of my favs of your wedding pics.

I just got home from food shopping, which makes me feel super-prepared for the week.  I'm about to make guacamole, cut up strawberries and kiwis, and make brownies for the kiddies.  We went to my mom's for Sunday "dinner" (at 2 pm, lol), so now I'm contemplating what to eat to tide me over for the night.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:f51cfe0e-7c7f-46bd-aba5-50ac9a2b5c82">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : I have been craving pot roast for forever. I think that'll probably go on the menu for this week.

<div>I don't know what H puts in the crock pot with it, but it's so delicious. If I could get him to make it every week, I would. And pairing it with mashed potatoes and Hawaiian rolls just makes it even better.</div>
  • I am like you,sewf. I grew up in the city. Well, suburb technically, but it is an inner ring suburb. J is a country boy. I've grown to love the country now, though I still long for the closeness of retail. ;) We live in the village area of a small town out in the country now, but it is a half hour from the main city. I do love the quiet around here a lot.
  • Nates- that's what time we would eat everytime we'd go to the inlaws for Sunday dinner. :-) I'm reading a thread on E. a girl doesn't want her lesbian friend couple to sit together at her wedding because her family is conservative. :-/
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Nates! I don't think I've told you that I love yours yet. I do.

Sigh. I want a house damnit. And a new job. I am so over this whole bank thing.
  • Oh dear, Hike. I should probably go read that trainwreck. :(
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:4febf725-9b54-4e46-8989-139b34fa12d7">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey-lo! Any, love the new sig. That one was one of my favs of your wedding pics. I just got home from food shopping, which makes me feel super-prepared for the week.  I'm about to make guacamole, cut up strawberries and kiwis, and make brownies for the kiddies.  We went to my mom's for Sunday "dinner" (at 2 pm, lol), so now I'm contemplating what to eat to tide me over for the night.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>Yum, brownies. And guacamole. I wanna come eat at your house.</div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    I read that thread. H's grandma is pretty conservative, and she didn't say anything about the numerous gay people at our wedding. No one's going to care.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:8348e4f5-2086-4202-a252-bdd787888b55">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh dear, Hike. I should probably go read that trainwreck. :(
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

It started with her not wanting them to sit together and now it's that she doesn't know who else they should sit with becaus her other friends would be uncomfortable. She wants to sit them at an empty table reserved for anyone who might show up that didn't RSVP. Trainwreck.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah I think most sane people will bite their tongues despite their views. J's family is very conservative and I'm sure some of my gay friends raised some eyebrows among them but they certainly didn't do anything or say anything offensive.
  • hola.  I'm sitting on my ass (ok lying) for the first time all weekend. We were so busy, and my feet/hips/back are killing me.  My feet were so swollen, it was a little freakish being able to actually see that. 

In related news, we got the nursery painted! :)  And now I"m playing on etsy looking for wall art.  I was going to watch Once Upon a Time (it's finally new!) but I dont' want to walk down the stairs to the tv. I am lazy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:f8f398f7-38ef-48e9-b9fa-554037c5ed4a">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]hola.  I'm sitting on my ass (ok lying) for the first time all weekend. We were so busy, and my feet/hips/back are killing me.  My feet were so swollen, it was a little freakish being able to actually see that.  In related news, we got the nursery painted! :)  And now I"m playing on etsy looking for wall art.  I was going to watch Once Upon a Time (it's finally new!) but I dont' want to walk down the stairs to the tv. I am lazy.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw the pictures of the nursery! I like it. I WANT A HOUSE WITH WALLS TO PAINT DAMNIT.</div><div>
    </div><div>Okay me, that's enough. Calm down. </div>
  • That is awesome, Steph! Your behbeh is half baked! That is kind of crazy. How are you feeling?
  • Steph- great job! Musu- I'm assuming she will suggest dunce caps for them next
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike, it's ridiculous. I do love getting a delicious meal that I didn't have to make, though.

Any, thanks. And I'm on the same page with the house stuff. NOW.

Sewf, if you make it all the way out here, you're welcome to dinner at our place.  And we finally have our table that you can eat on! I'm so happy to have an actual table finally.
  • Thanks, any :)  That Tiffany blue kind of color was a spur-of-the-moment decision when we ran out of the brown paint. ha

I'm feelign good, musu. Just sore, but apparently that's normal. The rainy weather doesn't help either, but I'm really really really glad it's not hot and humid yet!
  • Eek, yeah I suppose the summer months are not gonna be fun with an extra human attached.
  • Have a horrible head cold, slept most of the day thanks to "non drowsy" cold medication.
    Just got back from picking up aisle runner and other little things.  Thinking about tackling the mountain of laundry.    I really think dirty clothes reproduce when you aren't looking.......
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SEWFSEWF member
    My friend and coworker has been trying to get H and I to have a baby. She just had one, and she knows how much I love kids. Last week, she was like, "You and Mike have been married for a year now. You should have a baby." And today, she said, "I've seen three pregnant woman in here in the last hour. It's going around. Your turn." She's not being pushy about it, more joking. H and I aren't trying yet, but she's funny anyway. She just knows how excited I'll be when I get pregnant.
  • Blegh, I'm hating this cold and rainy weather. I just want to stay home tomorrow, snuggled under blankets with a bunch of good books.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:eae42ef2-6ae7-485f-88f5-22671fac6a13">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend and coworker has been trying to get H and I to have a baby. She just had one, and she knows how much I love kids. Last week, she was like, "You and Mike have been married for a year now. You should have a baby." And today, she said, "I've seen three pregnant woman in here in the last hour. It's going around. Your turn." She's not being pushy about it, more joking. H and I aren't trying yet, but she's funny anyway. She just knows how excited I'll be when I get pregnant.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Stories like this make me glad I'm pretty young. None of our family is expecting us to have kids any time soon, and I like it that way.

</div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Steph- I'll send cool weather vibes to you for the summer. My friend was pregnant last summer when it was 100+ most days,and she was just miserable. 
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:053febc4-203c-4dbb-8ff8-868bb220ae23">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : Stories like this make me glad I'm pretty young. None of our family is expecting us to have kids any time soon, and I like it that way.

<div>I'm pretty open to it any time now, H wants to wait a couple more years, but has a "it will happen when it happens" attitude. My family is very kid oriented, and since my youngest cousin is almost 2, they want another baby. They're not pushing, but my grandpa always asks, "So when are you having kids? as opposed to "So when are you getting married?" like he used to.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    We are watching tv and im multi tasking and searching for jobs. Yup, thats my night. Im so so excited tomorrow is monday, I cant wait to go back to work.
  • NebbNebb member
    A few things that i will probably apply to tomorrow. Im also going to that testing thing I was offered, and while I was going to just call in sick that day, ive decided its probably smarter to just swap one of my booked vacation days for that day to accomodate it. I dont like lying and that probably wouldnt do me any good.
  • NebbNebb member
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards