Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Need DJ Advice! Steve Binder or 2Way Entertainment or McVie Productions. HELP!

We just received our preferred vendors list from our reception site. We are having a day time wedding (12-5) and I worry about peeps not dancing! I would appreciate any recs for these DJ's. We are planning to meet with them the end of April. Is it worth scheduling meetings with each of them?

Thanks!

Re: Need DJ Advice! Steve Binder or 2Way Entertainment or McVie Productions. HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Steve Binder - we did not meet with him, just went on recommendations from this board. He was excellent - although i was nervous because his communcation beforehand seemed quirky. let me explain:

We gave him lists of songs - for cocktail hour vs dancing. He said he didn't think many people would dance to our dance list - i was a little offended (who wouldn't dance to MY music?), but he played our songs anyway. And he was right - no one danced. After 3 songs, we told him to play whatever he thought would get people dancing.  He was like the pied piper - people were on the dance floor for the next song and stayed there for rest of the wedding. Our wedding was a daytime wedding also (2-6pm). You can't go wrong with him. He also showed up in a suit (some people complain that other DJs don't always dress for a wedding) and was generally just wonderful to work with. He also gives you a CD of your songs afterwards. 

i am very much a sarcastic skeptic, but strongly recommend him!
  • Options
    shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using 2way.  Just had my final meeting with Mark, he is awesome and came highly recommended. 
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Attended a wedding with Steve Binder and he was great... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Mark Friedman of 2Way at my wedding last fall and he was awesome. He really understand what you want to hear, and he makes you a CD of your requested songs! Everyone danced the whole night!
  • Options
    shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both Mark & Steve are awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards