Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Not sure WHERE to register?

Wondering where everyone has registered? I want to pick three places, different price ranges. I like Macy's and Bed, Bath & Beyond, but not sure about the 3rd. It needs to be at a higher price point. I was thinking either Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn, but I've never shopped at either! Any other ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not sure WHERE to register?

• Options
    We did C&B, B&B, and Sears.  C&B has some great stuff and that's where we got all our dishes and glasses from. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did 3, Macy's, Crate and Barrel and BBB.  For us too, BBB was used the most by far by our guests.  I think the price range is good and they carry almost all the same stuff as Macy's, often for cheaper.  In fact, we wouldn't have done Macy's at all except BBB didn't have the china pattern we wanted and Macy's did.

For my group of friends/family, C&B is a good price point.  Pottery Barn was a bit high and didn't like their stuff as much.  one of my friends registered at PB (in addition to C&B and BBB I think) and she told me pretty much no one shopped there.  She thinks they all just assumed it was too expensive.

• Options
    If you can register for everything you want at BB&B and Macy's then you really don't need a 3rd registry. If you find you like things at either Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn you can certainly add one there, but you're not required to have 3.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i'm using myregistry.com i wanted to register from a bunch of different places because my guests are from all over so they have choices and the site lets you add things from any store onto one list.
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the responses all! Good thoughts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you gone to either store to see if there's anything that you like enough to register for?
  • Options
    i am wondering why no one has suggested Target! That is my first choice. I like the idea of target because I often feel like places like Pottery barn or macy's are expensive, there will be plenty of people at my wedding who dont have a lot of money. So I want to give them options like an 11 dollar cutting board and a 5 dollar organizer basket. I will most likely also use BB&B.

of course only register what you want.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_not-sure-register-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:c958f688-125a-4b58-8f64-9d2e59c0ce78Post:37cd55af-1604-4747-830e-8e4512431bbd">Re: Not sure WHERE to register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am wondering why no one has suggested Target! That is my first choice. I like the idea of target because I often feel like places like Pottery barn or macy's are expensive, there will be plenty of people at my wedding who dont have a lot of money. So I want to give them options like an 11 dollar cutting board and a 5 dollar organizer basket. I will most likely also use BB&B. of course only register what you want.
    Posted by schadbourne[/QUOTE]

Most people don't recommend Target because they tend to get negative reviews for their registry because of poor customer service and a kind of sucky return policy.

I registered at BB&B and Boston Store, and at least 25% of the items on my registries are $25 or less; BB&B has a lot of stuff in similar price points as Target.
  • Options
    We did Macys, BB&B and Williams Sonoma. I REALLY want Le Creuset dutch oven and a larger All Clad pan that wasn't available at either Macys or BB&B
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_not-sure-register-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c958f688-125a-4b58-8f64-9d2e59c0ce78Post:37cd55af-1604-4747-830e-8e4512431bbd">Re: Not sure WHERE to register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>i am wondering why no one has suggested Target!</strong> That is my first choice. I like the idea of target because I often feel like places like Pottery barn or macy's are expensive, there will be plenty of people at my wedding who dont have a lot of money. So I want to give them options like an 11 dollar cutting board and a 5 dollar organizer basket. I will most likely also use BB&B. of course only register what you want.
    Posted by schadbourne[/QUOTE]

Because a lot of people have problems with their registries, especially ending up with things that were left over from someone else's baby registry leading wedding guests/family to believe that the happy couple is, in fact, pregnant. Among other issues.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    huh well thats interesting i have two friends who registered there and had no problem, i will def be doing target.

i also think its sort of funny that you said you wanted different price ranges when in fact in my opinion BB and B as well as macys is high for me, and you want  something higher?

if you want higher i would go with Pottery barn

i have no idea what kind of price ranges crate and barrel have because we dont have one in maine so i  have never shopped there!

i would say go for as many as you want, people will have lots to choose from and you wont have registries run out.
  • Options
    We are doing Pampered Chef (my sister-in-law sells it and FI & I both LOVE their products), BB&B, and Sears.  FI is a diesel mechanic and drives a semi so he wants to register for tools and we are big into outdoor activities so we will be registering for coolers and other camping type items.  Maybe ask your FI if there is somewhere he is interested in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We're just doing two: BBB and Target. We don't have a Crate and Barrel near us, so that option is out, and we don't want a lot of fine china or anything from a Macy's, plus BBB does have a lot of nice stuff too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    We did Crate & Barrel, BBB, and Target. Loved all 3 and had only good experiences with them all, but we LOVED Crate & Barrel, they definitely had the best stuff.
  • Options

When I was registering for my wedding I had a similar problem but luckily my friend told me about myregistry.com, an online registry that gives you the luxury to register at any store you'd like. It's great, especially if you have an Iphone that has an app for the website. My best friend is using it now for her wedding and she seems to like it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards