Christian Weddings
Options

Help / Prayer / Not to kill a coworker...

Okay ladies... I put this in the prayer/praise sticky but I need some encouragement now!!! 

It's my last 4 days at my part-time school job, before I start my full-time school job on Monday.  I am literally THIS CLOSE to doing something really mean to a coworker.  She teaches in the chorus room in the mornings (so she is borrowing my classroom).  I came in yesterday and all of the copy paper had been used (and I get maybe 1 pack of copy paper every month and a half because I just don't go through it very fast).  I came in today, and ALL of my personal belongings, classroom files, etc that were in ONE VERY NEAT pile on the desk were all moved and completely out of order from how I had them.  Oh, and she took MY files out of my desk organizing bins and put her crap in there.  Those desk organizing bins (along with the desk lamp) are my personal belongings, not the school's, and I'm just not sure what's up with this coworker.  I know she's probably going "yay I'll get the classroom" but that's not the case at all -- she is the visiting teacher in the classroom and she's only here for 2 periods of the school day.
I couldn't find ANY of my handouts that I had so diligently prepared for my students today, the music that I had taken SO much time to alphabetize was strewn about and re-piled ALL OUT OF ORDER and everything is an "organized" mess.  It was organized before, and I didn't mess with HER crap at all.  

I guess it's payback from me erasing part of the information she left ALL OVER the white board because I actually had to teach that day... literally she covered the white board with her curriculum and DID NOT erase it before she left, as has been our agreement.  When we needed something to stay up, we keep to our sides of the board so that it is easier for the students to find and so that we can actually keep it up.  I wasn't maliciously erasing it either, I just had to teach and needed the board space.

I'm SO GLAD that I'll have my own classroom that I don't have to share with anyone next week.  I've shared classrooms at other schools with no problem.  The person who lives in my classroom in the AM hours doesn't seem to have ANY decorum or know how to be kind to other people.  She's already on a LOT of other people's "crap" lists at school, and she now lost the last "friend" she had in the building... from this action alone, and because I'm leaving on Friday. 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Help / Prayer / Not to kill a coworker...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will say a prayer for you right now. Maybe she has a chip on her shoulder. Something that helps me when I am experiencing feelings like you are feeling is I pray for that person, right then and there. The murderous feelings are hard to have when that happens :)

Remember you have 4 days left! You can do it. I'll say a prayer for you each of those 4 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girl!  It was put a bit more into perspective when a good friend and coworker (and woman at my church) called me after school to ask me to sing for her mother's funeral.  My mother often plays for church services like this (and she is a church pianist), so I offered to ask mom to play and she sounded relieved that I could take that burden off her shoulders.  

This too shall pass.... this too shall pass... but DARN if I didn't have to spend the last hour of the school day with student help trying to put it all back together!!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't you love how things come into perspective just when you need them to. And you're right this will pass. The week will be over before you know it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds very frustrating. I know you are leaving this week, but have you (or any other coworkers) ever politely brought it up to her before? If it was me, I'd definitely say something. Sometimes people are just very tunnel visioned and don't see past what their own agenda needs to be. Even though you are leaving, you could still say something like, "I know we have to share this space for only a few more days, but I think we'd all appreciate it if there was more respect for each other's belongings." Or something to that nature. I know that sounds easier than it is, because a lot of people aren't good at confrontation. However, I've noticed that in the past, by bringing it up, it forces the persont to confront how their behavior is affecting others and (hopefully) adjust it to avoid future embarassment.

Or, she may just be so ignorant that she doesn't get it. Either way, at least next week that irritation will be gone! :)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there.  Only 3 more days...you can do it!
  • Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there!  It's always hard sharing a room.  I'm glad to have not needed to do it much at all, though I do get frustrated when the basketball teams would leave my chairs and stands in disarray after watching their films.  What's your current teaching position, and where will you be teaching come next week?  I'm a music teacher too!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm teaching middle school chorus (just 3 classes) part-time right now!  
    Next week I start a full-time chorus and general music (1 chorus and 1 general music per grade level, middle school).  

Thanks musical sunlight --- I've tried talking with her before about boundaries and we have done well, but she has pissed off a LOT of other teachers lately and this was the final blow to me.  I went (with mom) and we moved all of my personal belongings out of the room and into my car since I need them for the new job anyway.  :-/  Just wish the last 3 days could be awesome... so I'm going to do my best!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww Kelly, I will pray! It's tough to have to deal with that, BUT as everyone else said- it's almost over! Your new adventure will begin so soon and you'll forget all about this! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards