Offbeat Weddings

Planning a Wedding in a Hurry, Any Advice?

My fiance and I have been together for 6 years and he just proposed at the end of May. We really don't want to wait until next year and we were planning on a fall wedding. But due to family conflicts we're moving it up to the end of August 2012. I know it's nuts but we're really thinking about going for it. It's taken a bit longer to lock down the venue and church so I haven't sent out invitations. Now we have less than 2 months! I've already told a few people about the possible date. Is sending a Wedding Evite tacky? That's question #1.

I was thinking maybe I could send an evite or save the date out and then work on invitations this weekend. I'm almost tempted to just send a wedding evite but there are some people who aren't computer savvy on my list. Does anyone know of any good sites that do the print outs for you (invitation & reception card) as well as addresses on envelops? Question #2.

I have a pretty decent computer at home and I'm thinking if I do it myself that might work too but I think I need some sort of template or easy DIY guide. Any suggestions? Question #3.

Re: Planning a Wedding in a Hurry, Any Advice?

• I think if you can power out those invitations this weekend, that you should do that. Even computer-savvy people miss e-vites occasionally, and this is important. Office supply stores sell invitation kits that include envelopes, invitations, and templates that you can do on a home computer.

Otherwise, you could set the invitation up in a word document (there are tons of cool, free fonts out there), print it out on some decent paper and, if you wanted to, paste it onto some colored paper. Just an idea.
  • tacky is everyone's personal taste. There is no right/wrong answer. If you want to make sure as many people as possible get the date now, e-mail them and send the invites super soon to catch the folks who aren't computer savvy. I've gotten save-the-dates by e-mail. In my social scene that isn't tacky, it's economical, ecological (no tree deaths), and easy to track. I can't lose info that's in my e-mail and searchable by google!

Anyway. The internet probably has word templates as well. 
  • I agre with PPs I think the print at home kits are your best bet. If you grab them at Michaels you can usually get pretty good deals with coupons and sales. As long as you get on them right away I think you'll be fine :)
  • make a huge one room party....an .....so...get postcards of the city you fell in love...send them out. you can send your guests a formal invite later for the memories...so you will have one.
    you can an event cocktail party. great music, little bites of food..... long tables.....ailse in
    the center.... head table at the bottom of the aisle... use simple colllumsn for the front.
    go to to local florsit. find a baker....go to grocery store. work the program. incoporate your first date if it is rated G....throughout the day

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_planning-a-wedding-in-a-hurry-any-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:3cd90128-b684-4b21-87dd-a21dd9eb3efaPost:72fd966a-8fcc-42a2-b079-0965386a2634">Re: Planning a Wedding in a Hurry, Any Advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]make a huge one room party....an .....so...get postcards of the city you fell in love...send them out. you can send your guests a formal invite later for the memories...so you will have one. you can an event cocktail party. great music, little bites of food..... long tables.....ailse in the center.... head table at the bottom of the aisle... use simple colllumsn for the front. go to to local florsit. find a baker....go to grocery store. work the program. incoporate your first date if it is rated G....throughout the day
    Posted by michellemayawheeler[/QUOTE]
    I think your heart is in a helpful place, michelle, but your post hurts my brain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards