Pre-wedding Parties

Gift for shower host?

My shower is next weekend. My FI's brother's wife is hosting. She has planned and arranged everything. My MOH and BM aren't doing anything b/c 1. They all travel a lot for work and 2. They are lazy.
I would like to get her some kind of gift as a thank you for hosting, planning and paying for the entire thing. What do you think is appropriate? When should I give it to her? I see her at least once a week- so maybe the day after the shower?
She has been very helpful with everything wedding related (my Mom past away 10 years ago- so I don't have much family to help).
I know she loves coffee- so I was thinking something coffee related?

Re: Gift for shower host?

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd give it to her after the shower.

You could get her some gourmet coffee, a giftcard to Starbucks, a French press or a combo of things.
  • edited December 2011
    Giftcards would be nice, a nice bouquet of flowers would be appropriate as well.  I got my aunt a book that was particular to her.  I think it's totally fine to get her a gift, just give it after the shower or after others have left or something.  
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A gift for your shower host(s) is a great idea, I gave mine little gift arrangements of bath & body works stuff thanking them for an amazing shower and now they can enjoy theirs.

I think a gift card to her favorite coffee shop or a pound of her favorite coffee to brew at home and some flowers would be perfect and I would present them to her at the shower as a thank you.
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gift cards are always awesome. don't forget to include a nice card thanking her :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah get her something fancy with coffee, a press, coffee, grinder, if you can an nice espresso machine
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I think you absolutley should get her a gift! A home-made gift basket with ground coffee, handmade muffins or scones, lemon curd, jams, jellies, flavored syrups and a cute coffee mug would be so nice and not too expensive!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all! I actually decided to splurge and get her a really nice gift a Nespresso Machine. I have one and love it! She deserves it. She is always helping me out taking care of my animals when I'm OOT etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards