Louisiana-New Orleans

HELP!!!! I need unique save the date ideas for my nola wedding

I need help with unique save the date ideas and wording. I want it to be fun, different, and all about nola. 100% of my guest will be from OOT and I want them to get excited when they receive them. Please Help!!!

Re: HELP!!!! I need unique save the date ideas for my nola wedding

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone on this board posted a bunch of fun options, including one with a recipe for hurricanes, a packet of spices, etc.
  • MMLM2012MMLM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a photostrip where in each pic we held a different sign stating the date and the location, with our website printed on the bottom. You could do something like that and wear masks/Mardi Gras beads in all of the photos, or somehow decorate the border in a NOLA theme.
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a few months back someone posted pics of some really cute Boarding Pass Style STDs.

We're doing caricatures of ourselves on a NOLA street car for our thank you cards.  Maybe you could do something similar.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    edited December 2011
    We did a vintage postcard with a custom rubber stamp. Cheap, easy, very cute.
  • iheartvanxxiheartvanxx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seen one where they were suiting with their feet out and it was written on their feet and I seen another one where it was written on their hands
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Visit The Nest!
  • iheartvanxxiheartvanxx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sitting not suiting
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to look at Fig Street Art Studio on zazzle.com. They have all kinds of cool designs for STDs that are designed/painted/drawn by NOLA artists. Prices are good too!
    http://www.zazzle.com/figstreetstudio/invitations/rf20238720872070265283
  • edited December 2011
    check out the save the dates at scriptura on magazine. small selection, but cute. I used one with a trolley and people LOVE it
  • edited December 2011
    This is our design: http://www.etsy.com/listing/75024934/your-state-and-wedding-destination-save

Got lots of compliments when they went out to a large OOT guest list.

Etsy seller was fabulous, and may be able to create something custom. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent mine out...I made these in photoshop. We are all OOT too. So far the people who have gotten them. loved them! :) They were overesized postcards that I ordered through vistaprint. Sorry it's a little small - the background was 4 random shots of NOLA places..

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • willia225willia225 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, you really have some awesome ideas.
  • edited December 2011

Most of our guest are OOT as well.  We made luggage tags out of plastic tags.  "Save the Date and Tag your Bag"  We added a fleur de lis and then addressed the luggage tag with our wedding info.  Our guests loved it.

Good luck

• Cate80Cate80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

we can do photo booth picture save the date! Its cute you can google it to get ideas and its very affordable. Check out BlinkBooths.com

• edited December 2011
    This is our dsve the date...Im a graphic designer so I did them myself and had them professionally printed on postcards.com.... BUUUUUT I think it would be really cute if you did a screen printed balloon so people had to blow it up....maybe just put the date on it and the card its attached to could be like a teazer...I thought of this after I did my own :(
  • We did a video save the date we had our best man and maid of honor be news anchors reporting breaking news high school sweet hearts finally decide to tie the knot after 10years and at the end we just put save the date Sept22,2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards