Michigan-Detroit

PSA: groupon for bridal show at the Palace

There is a groupon today for the 2012 Winter Bridal Celebrations bridal show at the Palace on Sunday, January 8th. For $13 you get 2 admissions. I am not sure if I am going or not. Did anyone find bridal shows helpful?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: PSA: groupon for bridal show at the Palace

• The palace one is crazy. Be prepared. We got there early and you go in to get your tickets then we had to go back outside and wait in line (this is the one they had in Jan 2011). We waited outside in 25 degree weather for 30 mins, and once inside it was so crowed it was like I felt like cattle being herded!! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Bridal shows, imo, = free cake (and sometimes wine!)

BUT if you give out your info to vendors... well, that can just get annoying. 

However, I did find it helpful to look at displays of centerpieces or linen color arrangements. I have difficulty visualizing something described to me - I have to see it to understand.
  • Personally I think they are helpful for certain vendors, photorapher was a big one for us that would have been difficult to chose without going to bridal shows.  Free cake, giveaways and seeing ideas are nice too :)  I have heard the one at the palace is packed though, so be prepared for that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also!  Create a new e-mail account just for bridal shows.  I am still getting spam from vendors and it's been almost 2 years since I've been to one and 7 months AFTER my wedding.

That way you can just delete the account once you're done planning and not continually get spammed :).  Also, don't give our your phone number!
  • thanks for all the advice! yea i think i am going to skip the palace one, it sounds really overwhelming!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards