North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Help finding a small outdoor venue?

We're trying to find a small venue where we can have an outdoor ceremony in the triangle area.  We would probably have no more than 20 people, but still want something to be pretty and special.  Anyone have any tips on places or how to find them?

Re: Help finding a small outdoor venue?

• Hi! I wanted to do an outdoor venue also, and even though we didn't end up using this space, I thought NC State University had a really cute outdoor space. I think it was a terrace and doesn't hold more than 90 people. Just go to the school's website and do some searching and you should be able to find it.
    If you're willing to go to Garner, the White Oak nature center has a great outdoor porch area that would be great for a small ceremony or reception.
  • Haywood Hall, downtown Raleigh. 
  • edited September 2012
    Montague Lake in Raleigh/Cary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_help-finding-a-small-outdoor-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:607bd26b-3693-41f2-b476-0493c9570956Post:3bd35c85-2e80-42db-8780-66daa3dc0d03">Help finding a small outdoor venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're trying to find a small venue where we can have an outdoor ceremony in the triangle area.  We would probably have no more than 20 people, but still want something to be pretty and special.  Anyone have any tips on places or how to find them?
    Posted by ellenaim83[/QUOTE]

I have already posted it a few times for other people as a suggestion - but the Raleigh Little Theater Rose Gardens are amazing - it would be public though - even when you pay for the space - it is public so other people may hang around and watch your wedding - BUT usually people are respectful ... google it - and the weddign info and what would be required as far as permits is all on their page ... depends on what time of year though - although i love the place even when the roses are trimmed all back at the end of season - unless the roses are in bloom it is not the prettiest wedding venue ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Montague Lake and Raleigh Little Theater are perfect recommendations. I have been to a wedding at both and they were awesome and beautiful. You can also look into Lake Johnson.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards