July 2012 Weddings

Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?

I totally am and had a breakdown this past weekend. I started crying in the car after I heard SIL say a wedding she went to this past weekend was a lot of fun, but made no mention of our wedding that it was as fun or more/less fun as ours. The wedding she went to probably cost 1/2 of what ourd did. And then talking to my MOH on the phone after returning from our honeymoon, she just said "I thought everything turned out really nice". Like really, that's all you have to say? I wanted to reminisce about all the little details, guests, dress, dancing, food and stuff.  I guess I was expecting to come home and have my phone ringing with friends and family telling me how much fun they had at my wedding, how beautiful it was, how pretty I looked, etc. None of that :-( I know people had fun and I got a few postings on facebook and text messages the day after saying they did, but after 11 months of making wedding planning my life, I wanted a little more credit I guess. I thought I would hear from people for weeks after the wedding raving how amazing it was, but guess it isn't like that. I just feel like the wedding is over, no one cares anymore and it's a closed book. I also feel like I should have saved my parents 1/2 the cost of the wedding and done something simple and cheap since no one would seem to care or notice.  Anyone else feel this way? I know at the end of the day all that matters is that Husband and I are married and we had a perfect day and we loved how everything turned out.
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?

• Lindsay, I totally hear you. Fo realz.

I have asked so many people "So, did you have fun?" expecting a more elaborate response, but they've all been like "Yeah, it was a ton of fun and the food was great." But that's basically it! No one wanted to reminisce about all the details and that totally makes me sad. And yeah, it does kind of make me feel like it was kind of a waste of money for my mother. I know that at least me and my husband had the best day of our lives, so I know in reality, that's all that matters.

I'm also in major wedding withdrawal and was wearing my (super comfy) white BRIDE sweatpants last night. My husband burst out laughing when he saw me and asked how long I planned on wearing them around the house! He tried to recover by saying "oh, honey, you'll always be my bride . . ." but I was like, gee thanks! hahahaha :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel you.  I can't really get into all my problems cause I'm trying not dwell on them.

Unfortunately, our weddings are closed books :(  I've come to realize that the cardinal rule about weddings is "No one cares about your wedding as much as you do"  same goes for after the wedding.  Out of curiosity, do you always give your friends who have gotten married a play by play of how great their wedding was?  I think the most one can expect is for your friends to say is it was great, the food was great (if you're lucky), the music was great, you looked beautiful.  If your nearest and dearest told you that then what more can you ask for?  People have their own lives to live, unfortunately.

I also agree with the money thing but no point crying over spilt milk now. Just be good to your parents and show them your gratitude in other ways.  They wouldn't have given you this wedding if they didn't want to (this is what I keep telling myself). 

Just think about the happy memories and think about all the new ones you and hubby will make.  (cheesy I know!)
    weddingcake-1
  • HAHAHAHAHA! I'm totally feeling you on this. After how many people raved about how our wedding was the best by far that they had ever been to I was expecting to see posts on FB about it and to see pictures. Nobody made any mention of it! lol Only a handful of people posted any photos and only 1 was us. That sounds so strange to say. My husband and I were glowing and so happy on our honeymoon. Obviously on cloud 9 and then we got home and it was like oh crap we're not in fantasy land anymore. I totally get and feel everything that you're saying. I've even been somewhat depressed since. Hopefully after camping this weekend I'll snap back. I'm glad you posted this.
  • I do miss the planning, but I don't think I would plan my own wedding again if given the chance. I'm really excited for our pictures to come back which should be any day now so I look forward to the little things still.
  • YEAH! And I'm pissed that more people haven't posted photos! I know for a fact that they took them, so where are they!??!!! YOU HAVE HAD THREE WEEKS! (I know this is insane; let me say it anyway.)

In particular, I know my one friend usually posts photos from all of the (1429857345) weddings she goes to within a day or two (she likes to show people how much fun she's having and all of the fun trips she's taking; don't even get me started on this) . . . but for mine, nothing! Jealous maybe? Who knows. But I still want more pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok, glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! I always had made it a point to tell my friends after their weddings, how much fun and amazing their weddings were and pick out a special detail I noticed. And now after having my own wedding,  I will be surer to elaborate even more! About half my friends that attended were married themselves, so they should know what I would want to hear after.

I guess it's not the biggest deal, just hard to swallow I guess after so many hours, heart, money and time went into that one day and not getting the "credit" or compliments like I would have hoped. I just don't think people have the same manners and class they used to. People have no problem coming to a wedding, drinks 3 times as many drinks as they would at a night at the bar, eating $150/plate dinner, but can't take 2 seconds to thank you! And some of these people did not even give us a card or gift after allowing them to bring a "last minute date"

I know I loved my wedding and I know all of the weddings you all have posted have been gorgeous! Seriously every since girl's wedding on TK I would have been proud to call "my wedding" I'm glad we can appreciate and relate to the hard work, money and heart that went into our weddings and we notice the small details of each other's weddings :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:6655be17-9be0-4fdf-bbbf-35f4d79d8127">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]YEAH! And I'm pissed that more people haven't posted photos! I know for a fact that they took them, so where are they!??!!! YOU HAVE HAD THREE WEEKS! (I know this is insane; let me say it anyway.) In particular, I know my one friend usually posts photos from all of the (1429857345) weddings she goes to within a day or two (she likes to show people how much fun she's having and all of the fun trips she's taking; don't even get me started on this) . . . but for mine, nothing! Jealous maybe? Who knows. But I still want more pictures!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

There wasn't many people who took pictures at our wedding anyway which I find really strange in the first place. I wish I had brought my camera so I could snap some pics but I forgot it. I don't think you're insane I keep looking at all our FB guests pages in hopes that I missed their post with photos lol. That might be insane. I'll bet your friend is just jealous. I'm going to have to start telling myself that : )
  • And Lauren,   Yes I totally busted out my "Bride" robe last night after getting out of the shower and plan to wear my Bride tank many more times!!!! I haven't recieved any criticism from the hubby yet from it!
  • bahahaha oh good! Seriously, though, they are so comfy! They are fleece lined!

And in case I didn't gush enough, your wedding was absolutely out of this world gorgeous. To say that you looked beautiful would be the understatement of the year.

I almost want to ask people if there's something they didn't like about the wedding to see what their reaction is. I'm really curious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:d84fa6f1-6de9-4c04-8260-46d8f7316899">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! <strong>I always had made it a point to tell my friends after their weddings, how much fun and amazing their weddings were and pick out a special detail I noticed.</strong> And now after having my own wedding,  I will be surer to elaborate even more! About half my friends that attended were married themselves, so they should know what I would want to hear after. I guess it's not the biggest deal, just hard to swallow I guess after so many hours, heart, money and time went into that one day and not getting the "credit" or compliments like I would have hoped. I just don't think people have the same manners and class they used to. <strong>People have no problem coming to a wedding, drinks 3 times as many drinks as they would at a night at the bar, eating $150/plate dinner, but can't take 2 seconds to thank you! And some of these people did not even give us a card or gift after allowing them to bring a "last minute date" I</strong> know I loved my wedding and I know all of the weddings you all have posted have been gorgeous! Seriously every since girl's wedding on TK I would have been proud to call "my wedding" I'm glad we can appreciate and relate to the hard work, money and heart that went into our weddings and we notice the small details of each other's weddings :-)
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

I gush about peoples weddings too even years later and in a sincere way. My mom did receive a card from a family friend about how wonderful everything was (but that's expected from her) but people haven't really talked about it since the morning after. So strange!

We received a suprisingly low amount of gifts and cards. I wasn't expecting gifts from people but I thought everyone would've at least written us a nice note. I understand that it was a mini destination wedding but it was still within driveable distance for those who didn't want to stay. Money is tight for a lot of people but they could've bought a card at the dollar store ya know? You could find a dollar in change in the parking lot if you spent 5 mintues.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:287fc726-3a08-4943-bcce-b9ef71563ad8">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]bahahaha oh good! Seriously, though, they are so comfy! They are fleece lined! And in case I didn't gush enough, your wedding was absolutely out of this world gorgeous. To say that you looked beautiful would be the understatement of the year.<strong> I almost want to ask people if there's something they didn't like about the wedding to see what their reaction is. I'm really curious.
    </strong>Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

DO IT! Oh, I'm so going to do this lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:d84fa6f1-6de9-4c04-8260-46d8f7316899">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! I always had made it a point to tell my friends after their weddings, how much fun and amazing their weddings were and pick out a special detail I noticed. And now after having my own wedding,  I will be surer to elaborate even more! About half my friends that attended were married themselves, so they should know what I would want to hear after.<strong> I guess it's not the biggest deal, just hard to swallow I guess after so many hours, heart, money and time went into that one day and not getting the "credit" or compliments like I would have hoped.</strong> I just don't think people have the same manners and class they used to. People have no problem coming to a wedding, drinks 3 times as many drinks as they would at a night at the bar, eating $150/plate dinner, but can't take 2 seconds to thank you! And some of these people did not even give us a card or gift after allowing them to bring a "last minute date" I know I loved my wedding and I know all of the weddings you all have posted have been gorgeous! Seriously every since girl's wedding on TK I would have been proud to call "my wedding" I'm glad we can appreciate and relate to the hard work, money and heart that went into our weddings and we notice the small details of each other's weddings :-)

This is what it is.  We all know how much time we spent on our weddings but not everyone elso knows or cares.  Next time I get married (haha) I'm eloping, dammit! 
    weddingcake-1
  • Yeah, not even giving us a card was pretty surprising. I mean, a lot of people were super duper generous (our wedding required a lot of travel and overnight lodging for mostly everyone), but there were a good number of people that didn't even give us a card so we have something to acknowledge they made it to the wedding. That makes me sad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:287fc726-3a08-4943-bcce-b9ef71563ad8">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]bahahaha oh good! Seriously, though, they are so comfy! They are fleece lined! And in case I didn't gush enough, your wedding was absolutely out of this world gorgeous. To say that you looked beautiful would be the understatement of the year<strong>. I almost want to ask people if there's something they didn't like about the wedding to see what their reaction is. I'm really curious.</strong>

I asked 2 of my good guy friends (maybe it would have been good to ask a girl but one of them is metrosexual) cause I was really curious and I knew they would tell me the truth.

I don't see anything wrong with asking a good friend.

And Lauren, your friend who usually posts pics of herself and didnt post the pics from your wedding probably is jealous. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:82a7ac5d-aafe-41bf-9e77-3e8dd666e970">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, not even giving us a card was pretty surprising. I mean, a lot of people were super duper generous (our wedding required a lot of travel and overnight lodging for mostly everyone), but there were a good number of people that didn't even give us a card so we have something to acknowledge they made it to the wedding. That makes me sad.

The fact that someone wouldn't even give you a card COMPLETELY blows my mind!  That's insane.  What is wrong with people?

ETA:  general you not YOU
    weddingcake-1
  • I may ask some people, honestly. I had drinks with three of my good friends last Friday and all they said was "It was gorgeous, you looked really beautiful, I loved the food" but then totally changed the subject. This was the first time I've seen them since the wedding, so I was hoping to recap and gossip a bit, but they basically just totally dropped it in one second.

I think maybe people didn't like that they had to take a bus to get from the church to the reception venue? But seriously, we paid for the bus both ways. How much more could we do other than have the reception somewhere else? Whatever.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:e80c3f3b-90a0-4d0a-9e13-dd0f7dfe40c1">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues? : The fact that someone wouldn't even give you a card COMPLETELY blows my mind!  That's insane.  What is wrong with people? ETA:  general you not YOU
    Posted by Nancy00714[/QUOTE]

I know! And not to generalize, but these are people that are very well-off and also whose weddings cost us a pretty penny to attend and we STILL gave them at enough of a gift (i.e. cash) to cover the cost of our plates. So much for continuing with that.

Want to hear something else that's weird? A girl I'm not really friends with SENT US THREE WEDDING GIFTS. She was not invited to the wedding nor did she attend, obviously. How she found our registry is beyond my comprehension.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sure your wedding as great!  And I highly doubt that your guests could complain about a bus you provided for them.  It's not like you told them to go hop on the P35 or something.
    weddingcake-1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:39d5312e-606f-4c4d-bd8c-dd2187eae7df">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues? : I know! And not to generalize, but these are people that are very well-off and also whose weddings cost us a pretty penny to attend and we STILL gave them at enough of a gift (i.e. cash) to cover the cost of our plates. So much for continuing with that. Want to hear something else that's weird? A girl I'm not really friends with SENT US THREE WEDDING GIFTS. She was not invited to the wedding nor did she attend, obviously. How she found our registry is beyond my comprehension.

Tell me about it!  Of couse you never want to think about what you gave someone for their wedding but it's hard not to in some instances.  Most of my family who lives in Honduras who didn't come to the wedding hooked me up more than the people who attended. 
    weddingcake-1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:39d5312e-606f-4c4d-bd8c-dd2187eae7df">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues? : I know! <strong>And not to generalize, but these are people that are very well-off</strong> and also whose weddings cost us a pretty penny to attend and we STILL gave them at enough of a gift (i.e. cash) to cover the cost of our plates. So much for continuing with that. Want to hear something else that's weird? <strong>A girl I'm not really friends with SENT US THREE WEDDING GIFTS. </strong>She was not invited to the wedding nor did she attend, obviously. How she found our registry is beyond my comprehension.

Those people just have bad manners. I was surprised at the generosity of the people who I know have money issues. Also surprised at those that I knew had $$ to blow and didn't even give a card. I have people telling me that they have a gift for us but they didn't bring it. I'm like so... mail it? Or, bring it over?

The girl who sent you those gifts is awesome lol a little strange but awesome.
  • After having my own wedding, I now know I have been a very generous "gift giver" to my friends. I know this sounds horrible, but I was a little surprised and dissapointed how little or not even a card how some friends gifted us. I know everyone is in different financial situations and coming to my wedding was amazing in itself, but some guests who I know are "well off" didn't send anything, not even a card or gifted much less than I thought. Guess I need to make adjustments to my "wedding gift budget" for the next wedding. I know it's not about getting, just dissapointing to hear how much my brother got at this wedding in March and how little we got compared to them with the same amount of guests.  At the end of the day I'm still married to the love of my life, and that's all that matters :-)

• Ok, gotta chime in....

I know a lot of people had to travel for our wedding but we still haven't received a gift from DH's BM and his wife bailed on the wedding.  My sister hasn't given us a gift and I don't anticipate getting anything from her.  I gave her a card for her wedding at least!  Geez...And a friend of mine didn't give us a card!  Seriously people!  At least a card!

In regards to people not wanting to talk about the wedding, maybe it has nothing to do with not enjoying it and just wanting to not talk about weddings anymore afterward?  I know that my mom is sick of hearing about my details but no idea if that's the same with everyone.

I dunno, I'm with you ladies on all the rest of it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I kinda miss my 5-10 daily emails from my mom. My mom and I got a lot closer and surprisingly got along really well this past year wedding planning. I remember I was worried we were going to butt heads when I was first enagaged.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:5b896235-625b-41ea-b24b-b1b5cf95882e">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kinda miss my 5-10 daily emails from my mom. My mom and I got a lot closer and surprisingly got along really well this past year wedding planning. I remember I was worried we were going to butt heads when I was first enagaged.

I totally agree.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ILoveToRobotILoveToRobot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012

I wouldn't give less now at weddings if anything I'm going to give MORE. I mean, I think it would be like an oh shiiit moment for those that didn't give anything. I sure had one of those when opening gifts. I opened one from a friends wedding we went to while H and I were dating and I at that moment realized we didn't give them anything for their wedding. H and I used to give gifts from the both of us separately. At my friends weddings I bought the gifts and put his name on it and I'm starting to think he never gave anybody even a card. That is super embarrassing to think about and I'm tempted to send his friends who got married while we were dating a gift. Would that be super weird?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:4c7df4e9-be36-4d0a-9ee4-388f926670d1">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, gotta chime in.... I know a lot of people had to travel for our wedding but we still haven't received a gift from DH's BM and his wife bailed on the wedding.  My sister hasn't given us a gift and I don't anticipate getting anything from her.  I gave her a card for her wedding at least!  Geez...And a friend of mine didn't give us a card!  Seriously people!  At least a card! In regards to people not wanting to talk about the wedding, maybe it has nothing to do with not enjoying it and just wanting to not talk about weddings anymore afterward?  I know that my mom is sick of hearing about my details but no idea if that's the same with everyone. I dunno, I'm with you ladies on all the rest of it!
    Posted by honeybear072012[/QUOTE]

There was a group of people (including WP) who didn't give us even just a card...I'm just happy that they showed up and had a great time.  That is how I know they support us =) We don't need a card...
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling like this.  I had a major melt down last week, I think I'm just exhausted and still have lots to do around the house.  My mom pointed out that I was depressed sounding which made it worse, I think.  At this point I'm trying to move forward and realize its over and start planning for house projects and vacations next spring/summer.

Anniversary
  • To be honest, I am looking very much forward to my brother's wedding in the fall and being a GUEST. I missed most of my wedding jetting around from one thing to another. I knew it would be over in a second and kept my planning very simple and laid back. I have no regrets how I planned things, but if I could do it over, I think I'd have a BBQ in my parents' backyard! Not really...It was super nice to see so many of our FB friends post pics and read the comments on our honeymoon, kinda kept the party going in a way. But when we returned home, we returned to reality, and while there were people who asked about wedding/HM, the reality is, no one really cared about specific details and our wedding was just a memory of a nice day out.
    ~ES~
  • I am bummed that it is over but I am kind of relieved.  I am sorry more people weren't getting in touch with you after the wedding.  I actually did have all of my BM's calling me the day after the wedding and when we got back from the honeymoon to reminisce.  Our parents got a ton of phone calls from their friends and our family telling them how nice our wedding was.  Try not to get upset and just have fun with your new hubby!!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_anyone-feeling-the-post-wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:99f0b6aa-95c6-45a3-8d1e-45db28a18f94Post:249cb2d1-e050-4c67-9cd8-966b1196af20">Re: Anyone Feeling the Post Wedding Blues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am bummed that it is over but I am kind of relieved.  I am sorry more people weren't getting in touch with you after the wedding.  I actually did have all of my BM's calling me the day after the wedding and when we got back from the honeymoon to reminisce.  Our parents got a ton of phone calls from their friends and our family telling them how nice our wedding was.  Try not to get upset and just have fun with your new hubby!!!
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto, LADY. Surprisingly, I haven't felt too much wedding withdrawal. We are now looking into buying a place, so I have some new things to focus on! Our parents received a lot of positive feedback from their friends and we saw some of our friends before we left for our HM and they enjoyed reminiscing with us. However, no one really commented on the little details of the wedding.. more so the food, ceremony and dancing. As LADY said, just enjoy being with your hubby and if the day was the way you wanted it to go, then that's all that matters! </div>
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards