Pennsylvania
Options

Reception Venue Help... Please!

Hey all! I'm recently engaged - Christmas day to be exact. We were trying to enjoy it and were planning to wait a while to start figuring things out... But then I realized that most of the places nearby book almost 1.5-2 years out! (Sigh...)

So we hopped on the wagon and started looking... We're going to have about 250 guests (no more, hopefully less!) so that limits our options. We're aiming for September or October of 2013, probably October though. I like fall colors.

Everything is extremely expensive, and right now it's seemingly impossible to have this wedding anywhere. I'm looking for advice on affordable but nice venues for a reception. Ideally, I'd like to have the reception & ceremony in the same place.

Any suggestions? Anyone at all?

I failed to mention that I'm really looking in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. I don't really want my guests to have to travel at all.

Re: Reception Venue Help... Please!

• Options
    Im not sure what look youre going for but take a look at the Highlands in Dallas. Theres also friedmanfarms.com. Its a barn type venue with lots of space. The property is really pretty, I think they have a rental fee for the whole week. We went to stroudsmoor over the weekend and that was really nice too. My best friend said the grammercy ballroom is still open, as is A Touch Of Class catering (held in a hall) Good luck on your search!! We had a heck of a time locating venues in this area.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Is Stroudsburg too far for you? They have a HUGE building that looks like a castle.
    There's also skytop lodge. Very nice people to work with too :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If you're okay with an outdoor ceremony and reception, Cherry Valley Vineyards is pretty and unique.  We looked into it, but decided against an outdoor reception.  It's located in Saylorsburg.  Here's a link: http://www.cherryvalleyvineyards.com/index.html
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I would suggest The Inne at the Abingtons.

We are getting married there this June. They have a gazeebo and pavilion outside for you to have your ceremony and the ball room is gorgeous. Super high cieilings, wood work, huge windows, and beautiful twinkle lights draped from the chandeliers.

We looked around the WB/Scranton area at quite a few venues and the Inne definitely had the best prices of any one we met with. Their capacity is 250 so you just have to make sure that you don't have more than that or that violates fire code, lol!

They have been great to deal with thus far. They also include fresh floral center pieces and your wedding cake in your packages and the packages started at like $30 per person I believe and went up from there.

PS- I also got engaged on Christmas Day... Christmas of 2010:) I believe I started looking at venues around this time as well. I originally wanted 05/26/12 but the Inne didn't have that available when we decided to book them! I believe we ended up booking right around the beginning of February for our June 2012 wedding!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just went venue shopping with the BFF, we saw bear creek resort, pocono manor and blue mt resort … all were awesome each very unique in it's own.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_reception-venue-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:141ab7c8-3cc9-4f4c-a957-cb4a7b92df8dPost:3e8b18d4-b627-4c2b-a3e8-2538f24cb6fb">Re: Reception Venue Help... Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest The Inne at the Abingtons. We are getting married there this June. They have a gazeebo and pavilion outside for you to have your ceremony and the ball room is gorgeous. Super high cieilings, wood work, huge windows, and beautiful twinkle lights draped from the chandeliers. We looked around the WB/Scranton area at quite a few venues and the Inne definitely had the best prices of any one we met with. Their capacity is 250 so you just have to make sure that you don't have more than that or that violates fire code, lol! They have been great to deal with thus far. They also include fresh floral center pieces and your wedding cake in your packages and the packages started at like $30 per person I believe and went up from there. PS- I also got engaged on Christmas Day... Christmas of 2010:) I believe I started looking at venues around this time as well. I originally wanted 05/26/12 but the Inne didn't have that available when we decided to book them! I believe we ended up booking right around the beginning of February for our June 2012 wedding!
    Posted by myfeverplays[/QUOTE]<div>My SIL is getting married here in June also.  She is very happy with everything so far.  I would check it out!

</div>
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards